By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Kotor confirmed! Yes!!!

Well, Bioware might be overrated as hell, but this is still excellent news. Still, I can only hope they use (and expands on) some of the great ideas Obsidian introduced in KotoR 2.

Frankly, Mass Effect failed to impress me in many regards - meaningful party interaction is non-existent, the moral system is completely mismanaged, and pretty much everything except the main mission is a waste of time. Even the original KotoR did a better job at these things, and Obsidian’s effort completely crushes them. We'll see how it turns out though - at least now I'll get to be 'properly' evil again (Sith are badass!)

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
God, why is the first thing people ask if it'll be on Wii, 360, or PS3? Why do you want a gimped version? Not trying to troll...if it starts as a PC game and downgrades to a certain extent for consoles...be it resolution, controls, expandability, etc...just get it for the computer!

I'd be happy if i could get the first KOTOR to run on my computer.  Damn Vista.

Helios said:

Awesome. Although I think they’re overrated, Bioware is still an excellent developer capable of some solid games. Still, here's hoping they use (and expands on) some of the great ideas Obsidian introduced in KotoR 2.

Frankly, Mass Effect failed to impress me in many regards - meaningful party interaction is non-existent, the moral system is completely mismanaged, and pretty much everything except the main mission is a waste of time. Even the original KotoR did a better job at these things, and Obsidian’s effort completely crushes them. We'll see how it turns out though - at least now I'll get to be 'properly' evil again (Sith are badass!).

Agreed. My biggest problem with Mass Effect is how it didn't let me bring out my inner bastard. While I still loved the game, I eagerly await getting to be a complete bastard throughout an entire game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Please, everyone listen for a moment:

Stop trampling over the sacred ground that is this thread by mentioning KOTOR2. BioWare had nothing to do with that game and KOTOR3 will surely be as brilliant as the first game.

Next person that mentions The Game That Shall Not Taint This Thread gets a slap on the wrist and possibly a ban if I'm feeling particularly saucy.

I only mentioned to emphasize how much better the Bioware made KotoR will be than a Monolith made KotoR. 

Bah, what would be the point in banning you?

You're like a bad penny.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I love KOTOR

Playing:

1)Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate (DS)

2)Neverwinter Nights: Hoards Of The Underdark

3)I don't know

I love KOTOR.
One of the best gamez I have ever played.

Playing:

1)Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate (DS)

2)Neverwinter Nights: Hoards Of The Underdark

3)I don't know

The original KOTOR was one of my all-time favorite games. To know that Bioware is working on the third game for sure (as opposed to just rumors) makes me ecstatic. Now I can finally get some closure (hopefully) on the storyline. I also wonder what they'll do different from the previous titles (I hardly think Bioware will just rehash everything with better graphics) and if it'll show any influences from Mass Effect.

Would you prefer MMO or single player experience?

I don't know how Bioware would go with making this a MMO - one of the great things about Bioware games is the well thought out and cleverly crafted inter-party dialogue to develop relationships with the NPC party members. Were each party member be an actual 'player' they would have decidedly less storyline branches...

If not an MMO but more like an online cooperative game, such that you still work with NPCs but have a few human players...I can see that working. MMOs that work in instances like Guild Wars handle that fine.  Towns can have hundreds of players, but when you leave on missions, it's just you and a few friends vs. NPCs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )