By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Kotor confirmed! Yes!!!

twesterm said:
rocketpig said:
Please, everyone listen for a moment:

Stop trampling over the sacred ground that is this thread by mentioning KOTOR2. BioWare had nothing to do with that game and KOTOR3 will surely be as brilliant as the first game.

Next person that mentions The Game That Shall Not Taint This Thread gets a slap on the wrist and possibly a ban if I'm feeling particularly saucy.

I only mentioned to emphasize how much better the Bioware made KotoR will be than a Obsidian made KotoR. 

Fixed because Obsidian made It That Shall Not Be Named.  God I loved Kotor 1 and couldn't make it past 5 hours in 2.  My friend actually beat my Kotor 2 and I didn't

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
If not an MMO but more like an online cooperative game, such that you still work with NPCs but have a few human players...I can see that working. MMOs that work in instances like Guild Wars handle that fine. Towns can have hundreds of players, but when you leave on missions, it's just you and a few friends vs. NPCs.

Kinda like a Phantasy Star sort of thing? I could see that being cool.

Also, I certainly won't mind if the PC version comes a few months later. You guys can't tell me that you would honestly rather play Mass Effect in it's original form than in a version with the technical issues fixed and the inventory revamped...

Now you may honestly rather play it a bit earlier, and that's understandable, but there are certainly advantages to waiting. Console versions are just beta tests for the better PC versions.

Will be getting it on PC.. don't really give a crap about delays, even though it is very pessimistic to think there is one at this point in time

I was hoping for a new Baldurs Gate but I´ll take naything BioWare will give me :)

BioWare = Best of the Best

Mass effect makes me less hyped about KOTOR 3. In the original Kotor, I liked how there were many sidekick specific ways to deal with most planets. Bring the right character in, and you get to learn a lot more about the character. I liked how the romance plot made some sense. Mass effect is strictly inferior in that sense. I am afraid that Bioware just lowered their standards.

Around the Network

Looks like this statement is being misinterpreted after all...

I found this on the Bioware forums: http://swforums.bioware.com/viewpost.html?forum=27&topic=617662&post=5646259&stag=0

"This seems to be much ado about nothing (to quote the bard). This was a slide that EA used to show the pedigree of the different studios to investors. That is why you see games that have already been released (like KotOR, Black, Boogie and others) mentioned on the slide."

thekitchensink said:
twesterm said:
rocketpig said:
Please, everyone listen for a moment:

Stop trampling over the sacred ground that is this thread by mentioning KOTOR2. BioWare had nothing to do with that game and KOTOR3 will surely be as brilliant as the first game.

Next person that mentions The Game That Shall Not Taint This Thread gets a slap on the wrist and possibly a ban if I'm feeling particularly saucy.

I only mentioned to emphasize how much better the Bioware made KotoR will be than a Obsidian made KotoR.

Fixed because Obsidian made It That Shall Not Be Named. God I loved Kotor 1 and couldn't make it past 5 hours in 2. My friend actually beat my Kotor 2 and I didn't

Whoops, that shows you how much I like that game.