By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New million seller PS3

IMO, both of the above should easily become one

Around the Network

BP and DMC 4 both have a good chance of 1m, although BP is less likely

DMC4 should easily cross 1 million mark. This game had one of the best debut on PS3 platform with around 460k sold in first week (all regions combined). Only Assasin's started better.
My guess is that DMC4 will cross 1 million on it's 7th week (6th in Europe/NA). Probably sooner than Guitar Hero 3.

Thats great :D The next major mark is 10 million , and than 20 :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'd like to congrat the PS3 on this, but I just hate that game so much... I've played and mostly enjoyed every NFS game up until now, but now I've had it. They're actively trying to destroy the franchise utterly it seems. No more NFS for me!

Around the Network

There should be around 40 by the end of 2008. =)
Anyway, Good Work!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

good for ps3

Nice one for the PS3 and its owners!

Keep those million sellers coming :D Ratchet and Clank really deserves to be one, just hope that it happens!

I agree, Ratchet and Clank will most likely be a million seller like it deserves to be, I even think Heavenly Sword will sell a million copies eventually.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

DMC 4 most definitely.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.