By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Updated: What World Premiere are you excepting to see this year, Spike VGX nominees announced!!!!!!

Nsanity said:
It's between Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us for Game of the Year.

Knowing Spike, a reward show that only follow instead of quality of a game, yeah GTAV or TLoU may win. Not saying those games don't have quality, just knowing Spike TV past rewards, I feel they nominate games for the wrong reasons.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

thats just stupid.
wheres best simulator of the year? surely farming simulator 2013 deserves some credit.

fireburn95 said:
super mario 3d world not even released and its a GOTY nominee, thats why these awards are silly - They just nominate the blockbuster titles and don't bother about those smaller ones that are just as good

TBF they already reviewed it and it comes out this year, why wouldn't they nominate it if its a great game?

The VGA or VGX or whatever they call it now will lose what little respect I have for it if they give any kind of award to Gone Home ... got it on sale and I still feel ripped off. Hopefully, Stanley Parable will get some recognition ... I feel ripped off by that game too, but at least it was mildly entertaining for an hour and a half or so unlike Gone Home.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons in best Xbox game category? That is random.

Other problems ... wasn't Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon its own separate game that didn't require Far Cry 3 at all to play? How are we defining DLC here ... thought it was download content not download game.

There is Gone Home again in best PC cartegory ... I swear to god...

Also, does Troy Baker just voice everything now or what? It feels like he was in about 10 different games this year.

fireburn95 said:
super mario 3d world not even released and its a GOTY nominee, thats why these awards are silly - They just nominate the blockbuster titles and don't bother about those smaller ones that are just as good

The council voters are reviewers (who even by now have played the game and should have written or nearly written their review, as the embargo ends tomorrow).

Anyhow, they have been doing this for years.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
fireburn95 said:

TBF they already reviewed it and it comes out this year, why wouldn't they nominate it if its a great game?

Because it's not out?! No doubt it'll be a great game, but so many released games could fill that void, brothers for example, and while it is a great game, it's hardly worthy of GOTY.

So Tearaway is going to win best handheld-game then.

And how on earth is AC4 not nominated for best soundtrack, and i must say it is ridiculous to have the same nominee twice in the same category. Troy Baker is awesome as both characters, but they should have chosen one

fireburn95 said:
tbone51 said:
fireburn95 said:

Because it's not out?! No doubt it'll be a great game, but so many released games could fill that void, brothers for example, and while it is a great game, it's hardly worthy of GOTY.

its out for them, they reviewed the game. Just cuz we dont have it yet doesnt mean anything since its still a 2013 release. In your case games that come out Mid Nov-Dec dont count as games

melbye said:
So Tearaway is going to win best handheld-game then.

And how on earth is AC4 not nominated for best soundtrack, and i must say it is ridiculous to have the same nominee twice in the same category. Troy Baker is awesome as both characters, but they should have chosen one

Yeah Right, LoZ or Fire Emblem Will be ahead of that

IMO

Game of the Year
- Grand Theft Auto V

Studio of the Year
- Irrational Games

Most Anticipated Game (voted on by fans)
- Titanfall

Best Shooter
- Metro: Last Light

Best Action Adventure Game
- Tomb Raider

Best Driving Game
- Forza Motorsport 5

Best DLC
- Mast Effect 3: Citadel

Best Xbox Game
- BioShock Infinite

Best PlayStation Game
- The Last of Us

Best Voice Actor (all worthy of the award)
- Troy Baker (as Joel in The Last of Us)

Best Voice Actress
- Courtnee Draper (as Elizabeth in BioShock Infinite)

Best Soundtrack
- BioShock Infinite

Best Song in a Game
- Shiny Happy People (BioShock Infinite) - How this isn't mentioned I do not know, best use of song in a video game.