By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony sells 1m PS3s in UK (faster than PS2)

VG does have the 360 outselling the PS3 for all four last weeks - albiet not by huge margins.

The story also seems to imply that its not outselling it by much...

Or could the 360 be overtracked?

Time for some phone calls ioi :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Actually, read further:

"The charts authority also confirms that PS3 is to hit a million sales faster than it's predecessor PS2."

Which could suggest it hasn't actually hit it yet, but will within the next 10 weeks.

We need clarification from Sony and/or Chart-Track.

Your confused? What about me? I need facts here.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ioi said:
This thread isn't going to end well!

I'd be suprised if Sony were reporting 1 million sell through, shipped seems more likely otherwise our numbers for Dec / Jan are very low (which I don't think they are).

Will be good, as ever with Sony-related PR, to get some clarification on what exactly this is referring to...

Actually Ioi, according to Phil Harrison Sellthrough = Sold to retailers.

I know... it doesn't make sense... but he plainly stated it in an interview a while back.

I guess because they count shipped as "what we've made." 

So that's around 46 weeks for the PS3. I wonder why they don't mention that number in the article. Makes you suspicious that the number may not be comparable to other consoles.

I wonder why those industry news sites are always so gullible. gamesindustry.biz has 0 reputation with me.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

Wow, I'm confused, if it's been outselling the 360 since Christmas then that would probably only be about 20,000 diffrence from vgchartz?

But if they really have sold a million I'd be really suprised. It would explain the PS3 software jump in the UK recently to some extent.

MikeB said:
BKK2 said:
Confirmed Chart-Track:

MCV

"Console reaches milestone as ChartTrack confirms PS3 has outsold 360 for last month

SCE UK has confirmed to MCV that PS3 has sold a million units in the UK since its launch on March 23rd.

ChartTrack has also revealed that the Sony console has been outselling 360 for the last month. “It has been outselling 360 for the last four weeks, but they were neck and neck over the Christmas period, weeks 49-52,” said ChartTrack director Dorian Bloch.

The charts authority also confirmed that PS3 is to hit a million UK sales faster than its predecessor PS2."

VGChartz seems to have been way off...

Wut!? VGcharts adjustments incoming!

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I think it's likely the 1 million Sony is referring to with regard to PS2, PS3 and 360 sales are all sold to retailers or based on Chart Track data.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

so what now VG adjusting charts again ?? 

Oops, I was a slow typer today. So after reading the MCV article I think it's clear that ChartTrack has not certified 1 million sales for the PS3. Sony was talking about heir own figures, sold-to-retail.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.