By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct is back baby.

Saw title, thought 'selanor thread' clicked, thoughts confirmed, loud sigh given.

Oh and the meta has dropped to 73

Around the Network
Frequency said:

Saw title, thought 'selanor thread' clicked, thoughts confirmed, loud sigh given.

????

Read some reviews. If you dont like Rare Ip's or fighting games then fine. But Killer Instinct has come back amazingly. Let me ask you this.

Why do you think a game with 6 characters and 1 game mode did not Meta at 10? Instead metaing right next to Killzone shadowfall?

Answer the gameplay is amazing. You know the game is being re reviewed in March right? When the story mode, extra characters and finishers are all added?

So then we will have great content to back up the perfect gameplay.

This is awesome news for Rare IP's. Best Rare IP game since Nintendo days.

This is amazing for the industry.

selnor1983 said:
Frequency said:

????

Read some reviews. If you dont like Rare Ip's or fighting games then fine. But Killer Instinct has come back amazingly. Let me ask you this.

Why do you think a game with 6 characters and 1 game mode did not Meta at 10? Instead metaing right next to Killzone shadowfall?

Answer the gameplay is amazing. You know the game is being re reviewed in March right? When the story mode, extra characters and finishers are all added?

Only a few outlets will be re-reviewing so the ones that dont will hold down the average, even if it scores wildly it woukd be lucky to pull above 85, far too many smaller news outlets across the globe are going to give it an average review then not come back to it, so dramatically increasing the average, to your predictions of over 90 is extremely unlikely.

Anyway, if you could show the same appreciation to other gamers preferences regardless of console, as you do for the games and console you like, things would be a lot nicer around here.

I'll have to analyze that game before I can judge it. Fighting games are just really hard to make, because you need precision in every little detail. Small errors in single frames can lead to some glitch that ruins the gameplay completely. Also, balancing is very very important.

I saw Mortal Kombat getting very high reviews at release, but the game was a bloody mess (literally). The gameplay sucked big time, you could just throw endless combos and own everyone online. Sounds like fun, eh? It got better with patches, but since then, I'm very careful about reviews for fighting games. Also, Dead or Alive 5 got not so high scores, but that game has near perfect gameplay with very good balancing and the best controls I have ever experienced. Every frame counts, easy to learn, hard to master. That's what a fighting game should be all about.

I'll give Killer instinct a try as soon as I or one of my friends gets an Xbox One. But I don't know when that will happen. We europeans hate Microsoft with a passion! At least that's what the internet told me...

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

It has gotten better over time, they have polished it soem since the E3 showing. I look forward to seeing the experiences posted later.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
KylieDog said:

Worst reviewed fighter in the last 8 years, maybe longer.

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Street FIghter x Tekken
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Mortal Kombat
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur V
Tekken 5
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Skullgirls
Blazblue CT
Blazblue CS
King of FIghters XIII
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Persona 4 Arena

Killer Instinct scoring lower than them all. A shame this revival could not do the Killer Instinct series justice.

Are you that desperate?

The reviewers say it is one of the best fighters for ages. Its down marked "currently" for content.

Its pretty unanimous that its got the best mechanics as a fighter. Some saying when it gets more content in March it will be possibly the best fighter ever.

Keep trying though Kyliedog. Forgot that yu dont actually read the reviews. Just look at the scores. ROFL. In March when they all re review it will likely meta in the 90's.

A game with 6 characters and 1 mode scores the same as Killzone Shadowfall. Why? Because its gameplay is flawless.

Bolded is just laughable. KI is reviewed as a free game. Expectations are much, MUCH lower. The reviewers are saying for something free, it's good and you should play it, but it's not amazing. Killzone Shadowfall was reviwed as a $60 game.

There's reason indie games tend to score higher than full priced games. They cost much less, so getting a high score is not as difficult. 

Kylie pointed out a fact and you calling him "desperate" is flaming. He never attacked you.

Frequency said:
selnor1983 said:
Frequency said:

????

Only a few outlets will be re-reviewing so the ones that dont will hold down the average, even if it scores wildly it woukd be lucky to pull above 85, far too many smaller news outlets across the globe are going to give it an average review then not come back to it, so dramatically increasing the average, to your predictions of over 90 is extremely unlikely.

Anyway, if you could show the same appreciation to other gamers preferences regardless of console, as you do for the games and console you like, things would be a lot nicer around here.

I dont disregard peoples preferences. I just dont agree with the flamebait Microsoft thread gets. And before you suggest I dont flamebait Sony threads. Gaming Discussion threads are anyones game. But ging into opposing forums is a big no no.

If you notice most reviewers are waiting to review KI. For the content. Outlets like newspapers wont review KI till March.

KI will do very nicely in March. And become this gens PS Soul Calibur. I cant believe Double Helix have actually nailed the gameplay. Im so happy that an IP with so much pedigree is THIS good.

At least now Microsoft will hopefully bring back Battletoads, Conker, BK3, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini.

This is fantastic for fighter fans in the next gen and Rare IP fans alike.

Great start to the new generation. Stoked.

naruball said:
selnor1983 said:
KylieDog said:

Worst reviewed fighter in the last 8 years, maybe longer.

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
Street FIghter x Tekken
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Mortal Kombat
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Soul Calibur IV
Soul Calibur V
Tekken 5
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Skullgirls
Blazblue CT
Blazblue CS
King of FIghters XIII
Virtua Fighter 5
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Persona 4 Arena

Killer Instinct scoring lower than them all. A shame this revival could not do the Killer Instinct series justice.

Are you that desperate?

The reviewers say it is one of the best fighters for ages. Its down marked "currently" for content.

Its pretty unanimous that its got the best mechanics as a fighter. Some saying when it gets more content in March it will be possibly the best fighter ever.

Keep trying though Kyliedog. Forgot that yu dont actually read the reviews. Just look at the scores. ROFL. In March when they all re review it will likely meta in the 90's.

A game with 6 characters and 1 mode scores the same as Killzone Shadowfall. Why? Because its gameplay is flawless.

Bolded is just laughable. KI is reviewed as a free game. Expectations are much, MUCH lower. The reviewers are saying for something free, it's good and you should play it, but it's not amazing. Killzone Shadowfall was reviwed as a $60 game.

There's reason indie games tend to score higher than full priced games. They cost much less, so getting a high score is not as difficult. 

Kylie pointed out a fact and you calling him "desperate" is flaming. He never attacked you.

Do some research first.

6 characters is not free.

Free allows you 1 character.

Killer Instinct with both Season passes next year will make a full game content and be $60.

So yeah when theres more content it will rate much higher than Killzone at the same price.

Yeah it is definitely looking good xD I hope the re-release Killer Instinct retail after season 2 :D That would be nice!

Colltrain said:
I am very excited to see KI coming back to a console! I only have one wish.

PLEASE PLEASE bring back CINDER

Cinder will likely be in before before season 2.  Fulgore is coming in December or January I believe. This is when characterrs are releasing in the first season. So there will be 15 characters before Season 2 starts. I believe they said another 8 characters will be released in season 2 which would take you up to a 23 character roster by 2015.