By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The guy behind Star Citizen is a complete dick imo

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18799/article/star-citizen-is-a-pc-game-that-will-never-be-dumbed-down-for-lesser-platforms/

In this article he pretty much trashes console gaming and then says "I would consider supporting sony and microsoft" as if they NEED his game. It's completely laughable how arrogant he is, when the entire game is being funded by people, if anyone needs support it's him. His entire attitude since star citizen became a thing has turned me off, I'm literally reconsidering supporting the official release of it because I find the guy to be such a dick. PC Elitism is one thing, but being so arrogant when you're game isn't even being funded by you is despicable, in my opinion.

Around the Network

another indy who thinks he owns the world after one hit....nothing new here

“IF the platform holders (Sony and Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms, then I would CONSIDER supporting them.”

I find that a bit worrying. Does he think that he's flawless?

I wouldn't say he's being a total dick. He's just passionate about his platform and obviously tired of dumbing down games which happens a lot. Also, marketing speech. No one ever blames the big companies for praising their products even if they deserve none of that praise (in which case they're obviously lying).

Akvod said:
“IF the platform holders (Sony and Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms, then I would CONSIDER supporting them.”

I find that a bit worrying. Does he think that he's flawless?

He probably finds it time-consuming, expensive, and in many cases, unnecessary.

Well. He used to be a legendary PC developer. He also directed a hollywood blockbuster once:p

But yeah! He's always been very pro PC and condescending towards consoles. He is very good at making the people whom call themselves "PC Master Race" love him by promoting his attitude.

Around the Network

wait till Microsoft reaches his bank account 

Star Citizen better with Kinect. 

^^^
PS that picture is from X Rebirth, a better game than Star Citizen from the looks of it, and one that have been there since forever.

He doesn't think he's "flawless". He just thinks the restrictions of the gaming console environment are stupid.

The reason why some games never leave the PC is because they are a closed environment that force restrictions that PC doesn't. There is nothing "arrogant" about pointing this out and explaining that this is why you will probably never see this game on those platforms.

Also, he is not "another indy". He is a professional game developer who was a big whig in the industry for years and worked on many big productions for major (at the time) publishers. The only reason why he is an indy is because the gaming genre he specializes in died over a decade ago and no publisher will touch it now.

Actually, I don't think his game will deliver what he is promising. He does't have enough resources for a project like that, isn't just money.

It's his game, he can do with it what he wants.