By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which gameplay mechanic almost ruined a good game for you???

Wright said:
platformmaster918 said:
POE said:
Auto Health regeneration in every single FPS since HALO.

I strongly urge you to try Resistance 3.  It has health packs and a weapon wheel to avoid the 2 weapon convention.  It also has whacky weapons that upgrade like Ratchet.  That's why it's actually my favorite FPS of all time and stands head and shoulders above everything else on the 7th gen for me.  Half-Life 2 and Resistance 3 are my favorite FPS games in large part due to these conventions being ignored in a contemporary shooter.  It's nice to have a perfect blend of old and new and it's why I can't wait for Half-Life 3

Too bad Resistance 2 was as derivative as it could get. It almost killed the franchise, but Insomniac learned from the mistakes.

indeed.  The only redeeming part of Resistance 2 was the 8 player co-op.  If Resistance 3 had implemented that with some refinements it would be the perfect FPS for me.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Touch controls in Uncharted GA for Vita. On the whole I don't mind it, but the last boss on crushing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck! Hated that segment lol

Any segment where I have to babysit an AI, especially stupid AI.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

The blocking-deflect move in Ninja Gaiden 3 is so fricken hard to time. Blocking with the enemy's attack was so frustrating. So I end up getting hit so many times that I start dying often and quickly. But I persevered and finished the game after so many game overs.

platformmaster918 said:
POE said:

I strongly urge you to try Resistance 3.  It has health packs and a weapon wheel to avoid the 2 weapon convention.  It also has whacky weapons that upgrade like Ratchet.  That's why it's actually my favorite FPS of all time and stands head and shoulders above everything else on the 7th gen for me.  Half-Life 2 and Resistance 3 are my favorite FPS games in large part due to these conventions being ignored in a contemporary shooter.  It's nice to have a perfect blend of old and new and it's why I can't wait for Half-Life 3

Good to know, thanks for the info. I recommend you The Metroid Prime Saga.

POE said:
platformmaster918 said:
POE said:

Good to know, thanks for the info. I recommend you The Metroid Prime Saga.

I played the first and l believe the second on my friend's gamecube way back.  They were highly enjoyable and one of the most daring directions Nintendo has taken a franchise.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

All that fucking waggle in Disaster: Day of Crisis. When you're not flapping your wrists up and down it's actually an amazing game.

Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:
Buying used cars in GT5. Jesus Christ it was a chore.

Not a big problem to me I already got used to it by playing GT4 and GT2 a lot.   They also had random cars in their used car section.

But didn't GT4 have two used car lots? I can't remember it's been so long.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

It actually has 3 used car lots. 

Card-based combat in Kingdom Hearts: CoM.

It's all about the game.

lilwingman said:
Card-based combat in Kingdom Hearts: CoM.

Too complex or too frustrating?.

I didn't enjoy KH: CoM, took me a lot of years until Re:CoM came out until I could finally play it completely. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"