By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My brand new PS4 just died....Final Update - 100% Dead and unresponsive. Pic in OP

Wasn't the 0.4% only from the Taco Bell PS4 promotions? (they got them early)

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

I read online if you take it to a sony store, they'll give you a replacement unit on the spot.

Wish you luck.

Also, I read online that Costco has LIFETIME refunds for consoles and video games (as long as you have receipt of course). Might vary between locations but some have returned their $600 PS3 for full and bought PS4 with that money.

Heist of the century.

rolltide101x said:

@ pemalite     (accidentally hit post instead of reply)

You are NAIVE if you belive that ANY server can not be hacked and will be hacked if someone who knows what they are doing is determined enough. If your cards are on any web server they are not completely safe.... Sorry to bust your bubble

I never said that nothing else can be hacked, you're putting words into my mouth, my issue is Sony wasn't exactly "great" at handling the entire ordeal.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

_crazy_man_ said:

I think it was for the taco bell promotion, reviewer system and demo units.

TheKoreanGuy said:

I read online if you take it to a sony store, they'll give you a replacement unit on the spot.

Wish you luck.

Also, I read online that Costco has LIFETIME refunds for consoles and video games (as long as you have receipt of course). Might vary between locations but some have returned their $600 PS3 for full and bought PS4 with that money.

Heist of the century.

Costco ended the lifetime warranty a long time ago.  Probably because of the 360... Besides, I dont think costco even carries consoles anymore...

Around the Network

return it, get your money back and wait for more games, price drop and a slim edition.

JOKA_ said:
Awww that sucks to hear. I am probably going to get the 36 month warranty, I have another 25 days to get it.

Through Sony? How does one go about doing that? I thought it came with 12 month one, am I wrong?

Max King of the Wild said:
_crazy_man_ said:

I think it was for the taco bell promotion, reviewer system and demo units.

Makes sense.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Do americans really have to buy 36months of warranty isn't that a normal thing?

hasonap said:

Do americans really have to buy 36months of warranty isn't that a normal thing?

Nope, standard is 90 days to a year.  Blame best buy, it is their fault!