By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My brand new PS4 just died....Final Update - 100% Dead and unresponsive. Pic in OP

Augen said:
JOKA_ said:
Awww that sucks to hear. I am probably going to get the 36 month warranty, I have another 25 days to get it.

Through Sony? How does one go about doing that? I thought it came with 12 month one, am I wrong?

PSN store. Pretty sure it comes with a one year warranty.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
hasonap said:

Do americans really have to buy 36months of warranty isn't that a normal thing?

Nope, standard is 90 days to a year.  Blame best buy, it is their fault!

Nah I know 90 to a year is standard but isn't there a 3 year warranty(manufacture) by default on electronics without buying it?

I thought at first that the 3 year warranty was insurance but apparently it's only warranty.

I live in Sweden by the way where if you have any problem that is part of the system's known issues you can get it replaced in those 3 years with the normal warranty. Some products and retailers have a 3/2/1 year insurance plan which is pointless if you have houseinsurance

Pemalite said:
platformmaster918 said:

No credit card information stolen from what I recall and identity theft protection given out anyway.

Well. Considering the extent of the hack, would you be willing to place your information on the table? I certainly wouldn't.
Anyway, it's besides the point, it happened and Sony should be castrated for allowing it to happen, people who defend it are just silly, they're a multi-billion dollar company after all.
The other part of it is it took them a week to notify people, which is downright silly.

And grats to the Op, May it stay operable! And may all your games be good ones!

better than months to acknowledge it...

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

when will the next new batch of PS4 be shipped in North America?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
kowenicki said:
Anyone taking pleasure in a DOA unit is pretty selfish. There but for the grace of god go all of us.

I hope my ONE is being handled with care . d will be fine when it arrives on Friday.

Surely you can pull strings Ben and get a quick resolution to this?

Its actually harder than you would think because the PS4 is litterally at 100% sell through.

Ill be able to replace mine once the second round of consoles ship. Hopefully i dont get another defective model

Around the Network

I genuinely dont wish this on any PS gamer. Its a pretty annoying thing to have happen. I hope all of us gamers dont get this sort of thing.

Hope you get it sorted. And hope I dont have issues this Friday with my ONE.

kowenicki said:
Anyone taking pleasure in a DOA unit is pretty selfish. There but for the grace of god go all of us.

I hope my ONE is being handled with care and will be fine when it arrives on Friday.

Surely you can pull strings Ben and get a quick resolution to this?

You're back! Just in time for launch.

That is because you bought it at Gamestop, it is a horrible store with horrible people, I never would think to buy a console from them! Hope that is a lesson for you (J/K).

No serious I am really sorry to hear and I hope I will not get it X_X.

JoeTheBro said:
Augen said:
JOKA_ said:
Awww that sucks to hear. I am probably going to get the 36 month warranty, I have another 25 days to get it.

Through Sony? How does one go about doing that? I thought it came with 12 month one, am I wrong?

PSN store. Pretty sure it comes with a one year warranty.

Thank you. From my experience with electornics it is first month or so that ever had a problem, after that they seem to last for least 7-10 years.

flagstaad said:
killerzX said:

vgchartz member's fail rate is like 3.5%

Thanks for the data, are we keep track of it? 0.4% is too low, but 3% looks a little above average.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=172356&page=2#92

Euphoria14 said:

MORNING UPDATE :

(59) VGC members with a PS4 and (2) casualties.

VGC members PS4 failure rate = 3.39%
-----------------------

(37) PS4 consoles for VGC member family & friend with (0) casualties.

VCG Friend & Family failure rate = 0%
------------------------

(96) total PS4 reported on VGC with (2) casualties.

Total failure rate = 2.08%

* There is always the possibly of some overlap when speaking in regards to people on PSN friend lists. VGC member % are the most accurate of the ones I have listed.