By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 analog sticks are garbage

Mine is fine except 1 tiny spot did rub off, thinking I should not have had greasy chicken then played PS4...wash ur hands people.

If it becomes an issue sony will replace under warranty.

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:

As someone who owns 2 dual shock 4's and has played them for 100-150 hours, and did not simply test them at a Best Buy, I can confidently say you are completely making this up.  I have beaten KZSF, AC4, Resogun tons of times, Contrast, and played Warframe, Blacklight, Need for Speed R.  It is actually the opposite.  I would say DS4 is the nicest controller I have ever used.  The only thing that sucks about them is battery life.  It is noticeably worse than DS3.  I would guess they last somehwere between 30-40% as long.  You basically have to own 2 and 1 is almost always on the charger.  But as for what you are saying this thread should be closed.  They look and perform the exact same as the day they came out of the box...

The OP isn't making this up: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160

Nsanity said:
soulfly666 said:

As someone who owns 2 dual shock 4's and has played them for 100-150 hours, and did not simply test them at a Best Buy, I can confidently say you are completely making this up.  I have beaten KZSF, AC4, Resogun tons of times, Contrast, and played Warframe, Blacklight, Need for Speed R.  It is actually the opposite.  I would say DS4 is the nicest controller I have ever used.  The only thing that sucks about them is battery life.  It is noticeably worse than DS3.  I would guess they last somehwere between 30-40% as long.  You basically have to own 2 and 1 is almost always on the charger.  But as for what you are saying this thread should be closed.  They look and perform the exact same as the day they came out of the box...

The OP isn't making this up: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711160

Haven't you already posted this link like two times?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
Nsanity said:
soulfly666 said:

Haven't you already posted this link like two times?

Four times i think.

Guess witch one is new?  Right the one at the bottom of the picture...(well 2 days old I consider new)..  You can clearly see that the analog sticks are different made.  Also the number behind the controller bottom starts with the number 1 while most people (especially the ones who have no issue) have a controller that starts with the number 2... 

Around the Network
GamechaserBE sa

Guess witch one is new?  Right the one at the bottom of the picture...(well 2 days old I consider new)..  You can clearly see that the analog sticks are different made.  Also the number behind the controller bottom starts with the number 1 while most people (especially the ones who have no issue) have a controller that starts with the number 2... 

You mean the serial number at the back of the DS4? My starts with 111 and sticks are not looking good, the rubber is not peeling of or freaking melting like it looks from some guys, but it wears off very fast for me. Need to finally take a pic.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
GamechaserBE sa

You mean the serial number at the back of the DS4? My starts with 111 and sticks are not looking good, the rubber is not peeling of or freaking melting like it looks from some guys, but it wears off very fast for me. Need to finally take a pic.

Yes at the back, strange is if you buy here a extra controller in the store they almost always are starting with a 1... the ones who come with PS4 standard unit start with 2 or almost alway with 2...     The analogs with starting number 2 also feel better and smoother...

After a week the only problem I had with my DS4 is touch pad button and option button it was just to close

GamechaserBE said:
eFKac said:
GamechaserBE sa

Yes at the back, strange is if you buy here a extra controller in the store they almost always are starting with a 1... the ones who come with PS4 standard unit start with 2 or almost alway with 2...     The analogs with starting number 2 also feel better and smoother...

Hmm mine when it was new felt great, thumb was holding perfectly, but I could tell right away that the friction force of the rubber is just too big not to wear off quickly.

Greatness Awaits!

Lol i read exactly same post but changing the words playstation for Xbox One a few weeks ago.