By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 analog sticks are garbage

daredevil.shark said:
boogie2988 said:
daredevil.shark said:
boogie2988 said:
daredevil.shark said:
boogie2988 said:
why do people pick at the controller and say its bad i mean a chunk doesent just come off lol...

Fake account.

fake account wtf are u talking about my account looks pretty real to me considering im posting unless i used my UBER 420 YOLO hacks and this is an invisible account but i have the e-mail verification showing that i did indeed register this account an im posting freeley on these forums..

Then I would like to hear in the next video of boogie2988 that you have joined vgchartz. Hate to admit but even if you are real fransis there is no way to prove it. I will believe when real fransis talks or declares in his video that he has joined at vgchartz.

what do i need to prove i am who i am.

You just proved you are fake fransis. Adios fake fransis. Whats up ladies and gentleman with the power of internet we present you, fake fransis.

what the hell are u talking about calling me fake im pretty sure im a real person.

Around the Network
boogie2988 said:
daredevil.shark said:
boogie2988 said:
daredevil.shark said:
boogie2988 said:
daredevil.shark said:
boogie2988 said:
why do people pick at the controller and say its bad i mean a chunk doesent just come off lol...

Fake account.

fake account wtf are u talking about my account looks pretty real to me considering im posting unless i used my UBER 420 YOLO hacks and this is an invisible account but i have the e-mail verification showing that i did indeed register this account an im posting freeley on these forums..

Then I would like to hear in the next video of boogie2988 that you have joined vgchartz. Hate to admit but even if you are real fransis there is no way to prove it. I will believe when real fransis talks or declares in his video that he has joined at vgchartz.

what do i need to prove i am who i am.

You just proved you are fake fransis. Adios fake fransis. Whats up ladies and gentleman with the power of internet we present you, fake fransis.

what the hell are u talking about calling me fake im pretty sure im a real person.

Sure. You are a real person who is an imposter. Ha ha ha.

my cousins DS4 has hardly any wear at all and hes been playing his PS4 pretty much all the time since November 29th, so far the only place i have seen this constant going on about the DS4 is here and everywhere else is saying only minor wear, only extreme circumstances is the rubber being worn down very fast but strange how this topic only came about after the PS4 launched while the DS4 was available a month earlier!

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

today I got my replacement from sony, and its analog sticks are much different, similar to ds3 ones(more rough) not as soft as my last ds4. My last one was 211 series this one is 111.

lukeroux said:
today I got my replacement from sony, and its analog sticks are much different, similar to ds3 ones(more rough) not as soft as my last ds4. My last one was 211 series this one is 111.

Great to hear that! Any way to distinguish them in a blister? Where should I check for the series number? I would like to buy another controller but certainly not the one with shit rubber.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

As someone who owns 2 dual shock 4's and has played them for 100-150 hours, and did not simply test them at a Best Buy, I can confidently say you are completely making this up.  I have beaten KZSF, AC4, Resogun tons of times, Contrast, and played Warframe, Blacklight, Need for Speed R.  It is actually the opposite.  I would say DS4 is the nicest controller I have ever used.  The only thing that sucks about them is battery life.  It is noticeably worse than DS3.  I would guess they last somehwere between 30-40% as long.  You basically have to own 2 and 1 is almost always on the charger.  But as for what you are saying this thread should be closed.  They look and perform the exact same as the day they came out of the box...

soulfly666 said:

As someone who owns 2 dual shock 4's and has played them for 100-150 hours, and did not simply test them at a Best Buy, I can confidently say you are completely making this up.  I have beaten KZSF, AC4, Resogun tons of times, Contrast, and played Warframe, Blacklight, Need for Speed R.  It is actually the opposite.  I would say DS4 is the nicest controller I have ever used.  The only thing that sucks about them is battery life.  It is noticeably worse than DS3.  I would guess they last somehwere between 30-40% as long.  You basically have to own 2 and 1 is almost always on the charger.  But as for what you are saying this thread should be closed.  They look and perform the exact same as the day they came out of the box...

Seriously, stop with this "you're making stuff up, mine is perfect!" thing. It is clearly documented that some sticks are worse than others.

michael_stutzer said:
soulfly666 said:

Seriously, stop with this "you're making stuff up, mine is perfect!" thing. It is clearly documented that some sticks are worse than others.

and thanks to your post you have cleared up the crap about the DS4 analog sticks being garbage as not all have the same problem.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
michael_stutzer said:

and thanks to your post you have cleared up the crap about the DS4 analog sticks being garbage as not all have the same problem.

Well, definitely. Plenty of people say it is a non-issue for them. There is still plenty of bad sticks around though. I was thinking of importing one because there won't be a new shipment to here for a while, though I am cautious now. It's not a big deal as long as it is under warranty but importing is kinda risky.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
michael_stutzer said:
soulfly666 said:

That's because not everyone uses the controller in the same way.   I can confidentally say that it's happening slowly to both of mine.  I'm a master level Resogun player and solid at Killzone as well.  

It's the engineering of the controller combined with the rubber.  The rubber isn't firm enough and with the concave-ribbed design of the DS4,  it will start to deteriorate along that ribbed edge.  Simply put,  I believe much like the Red Ring of Death was an inevitability for almost all 360 users the controller wear will also be one for PS4 users.

Best controller I've used in ages but the rubber sticks engineering (Atleast for launch consoles) was in fact very poorly handled.