By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo pump out 1 Wii U exclusive per month in 2014 ?

One game per month is unnecessary. 3DS is doing extremely well with one major first-party games about every 2-3 months. It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Nintendo needs big games like Kart 8 and Donkey Kong. I doubt Yarn Yoshi or X will move very many consoles in comparison to their other behemoth franchises.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:edit: The best idea though would be to release the best content they can make not rush games to put them out every month. So release them when they are ready.

This, though however many games they end up releasing during any year, I say they needa be spaced out regardless as droughts are badness. I'll bet you anything that's why they delayed DKCTF.

The sooner they get out smash bros and kart, the less need there will be for new games. Those are the games that you play for years.

Screamapillar said:
One game per month is unnecessary. 3DS is doing extremely well with one major first-party games about every 2-3 months. It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Nintendo needs big games like Kart 8 and Donkey Kong. I doubt Yarn Yoshi or X will move very many consoles in comparison to their other behemoth franchises.

I refuse to believe that the majority of people buy consoles solely for one game. As such quanity does matter. Despite being such a big fan of the series, if the only game available on Wii U was MK8, I don't think I'd ever buy a Wii U. Now when you add games like Sonic Lost World, X, W101, etc., then it becomes that much more of a system worth purchasing. The more games you have for a system, the more reasons there are for buying said system. Having routine releases also keeps people playing the system, which keeps them talking about it, in turn getting potential buyers interested.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Screamapillar said:

I refuse to believe that the majority of people buy consoles solely for one game. As such quanity does matter. Despite being such a big fan of the series, if the only game available on Wii U was MK8, I don't think I'd ever buy a Wii U. Now when you add games like Sonic Lost World, X, W101, etc., then it becomes that much more of a system worth purchasing. The more games you have for a system, the more reasons there are for buying said system. Having routine releases also keeps people playing the system, which keeps them talking about it, in turn getting potential buyers interested.

You have it right. Iwata has been quoted to say "one game can change everything", whereas Reggie has stated " a steady torrent of games can get people on board". I agree with the latter.

Was a 3DS worth it just for 3D land? No. Was it worth it for 3D Land, Uprising, MK7 and RE? Yes. 

In response to the thread, 1 exclusive per month is what they should aim for on both platforms. They need to get to a point where droughts are minimized, and there is something different every month to bring new people in. 3DS did this in 2013 better than any Nintendo console I have been around for. I mean, seriously 2013 was one of the best years for handheld Nintendo ever.

Around the Network

Does Smash Bros count as an exclusive? I guess it's different enough on Wii U.

You could add Yarn Yoshi to your OP, that's a strong possibility for 2014.

Nintendo doesn't need to have an exclusive every month. They need to advertise the ones that they have to the fullest extent. I literally see no Wii U commercials on channels that everyday people watch.

Einsam_Delphin said:
My hopes:

January - ??? (probably nothing)

February - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

March - Bayonetta 2

April - Mario Kart 8

May - Monolith Soft's "X"

June - Yarn Yoshi

July - Super Smash Bros. 4

August - Sonic's 3rd Exclusive

September - Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

October - Miyamoto's New IP

November - The Legend of Zelda U

December - ???

Now THAT would be a solid line up. Throw in a couple of decent third party efforts like Watch Dogs and Treyarch's new COD and it really should be the year of Wii U.

Locknuts said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
My hopes:

March - Bayonetta 2

April - Mario Kart 8

June - Yarn Yoshi

December - ???

Now THAT would be a solid line up. Throw in a couple of decent third party efforts like Watch Dogs and Treyarch's new COD and it really should be the year of Wii U.

Treyarch isn't making a COD in 2014, the MW3 studio is. Sledgehammer I think

jlmurph2 said:
Locknuts said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
My hopes:

March - Bayonetta 2

April - Mario Kart 8

June - Yarn Yoshi

December - ???

Treyarch isn't making a COD in 2014, the MW3 studio is. Sledgehammer I think

Ew.