oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
Seece said:

No. WiiU didn't have a drought if you just count any old games. WiiU had a drought in decent noticeable software, something xbox one definitely does not have.

December: Halo SA, Peggle 2, Xbox Fitness
January: D4, Spinal DLC for KI
February: Rayman Origins, Thief
March: Titanfall, Fulgore DLC for KI, Elder Scrolls Online
April: PVZ Garden Warfare, Kinect Sports Rivals

Q1/Q2: Project Spark, Watchdogs, Fantasia and Destiny

yeah i never got that, WIi U had a lot of games at launch. If a drought was such a big issue, why didnt people buy those?! 

Theres a good chance that people who bought Wii U at or around launch also are PS3/360 owners so mostly late ports of games they already played arent really going to help during a drought.

then i would question why such a person would buy a Wii U at launch in the first place. Most of the games were going to be ports and it was apparent that Ninty themselves wouldnt have that much in the pipeline in the first few months(and the didnt)

Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, Game & Wario were all originally launch window games, add that to Lego City Undercover and u could average one exclusive per month in the first half of the year.

No, we knew those games would be delayed BEFORE the system launched, now i know that not everyone follows games like that ,but i imagine most of the people buying these things day 1 would. Hell i dont think half of those games were ever confirmed at launch window

Thats not true at all. They were scheduled as launch window then sometime after launch they got pushed back to Q2 then all but Wario were delayed again. As for Rayman it was delayed like a week or two before release 

got a source? cause i dont believe it, aint no thing to preorder a game and Amazon is pretty good about release dates. Its not like they put out the system and said yeah about those games...

For some reason I cant copy links with my phone but just do a quick google search

i did do that, and i cant find anything that says those games were delayed AFTER the system came out. 

it was December 5th that those games got pushed from launch window to Q2

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:

got a source? cause i dont believe it, aint no thing to preorder a game and Amazon is pretty good about release dates. Its not like they put out the system and said yeah about those games...

For some reason I cant copy links with my phone but just do a quick google search

i did do that, and i cant find anything that says those games were delayed AFTER the system came out. 

You seriously missed the Rayman Legends delay? The one that announced it was being delayed from March to August to make PS3 and 360 versions? (and also a Vita version it emerged later).

Btw, I did a google search for "Wii U Launch Window Titles" and got this as the first hit:

http://www.geek.com/games/major-wii-u-launch-window-titles-delayed-including-pikmin-and-wii-fit-u-1536348/

I didn't even search for delay... It was published in January 2013, so AFTER the Wii U launched. So yeah, Wonderful 101 was meant to be launch window, I didn't even know that.

"Unfortunately, now, Nintendo has declared that Game & Wario,The Wonderful 101Wii Fit U, and Pikmin 3 are all being delayed. After originally pledging that these games would be available no later than March 31, Nintendo is now offering the much more vague “first half of the year” time frame."

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

cusman said:
Scoobes said:
I suspect PS4/X1 owners are more likely to be happy playing multiplatform titles. I don't think the exclusive drought will mean much for these consoles.

The people that only play shooter or sports game all year long will be fine on any console except Wii U

Seriously... there was a release of Fifa 2014 on everything (including PS2 and Wii) but not on Wii U

While technically the first year of PS4/XBO will be scarce on games, the ones that do release will be meaningful for the "core" gamers and especially gamers that like to play online.

I think once you factor in downloadable and Indie titles then most people will be satisfied with the first year's offerings on both the new consoles. There seems to be something for everyone (platformers, shooters, FPS, TPS, RPGs, action/adventure, racing, MMOs, F2P, strategy etc.).

If you really wanted to you could buy a PS4 and just play F2P titles for the first few months as there are 6 available from launch.

oniyide said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
oniyide said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
pokoko said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wii U got ratted on because it did have plenty of games for the launch window, but they all got pushed way back.

Ratted on!  :D  I like those words together.  Ratted on.

Anyway, the Wii U didn't just get ratted on for the drought, it got ratted on for how sparse the offerings were post-drought.  It was a really weak year, all told.  If the same happens to the PS4 and XO, then they also deserve the ratting, but third-party titles will likely keep that from happening.  I mean, they've already got Watch Dogs and Destiny on the schedule.

lolz, it just sounded right to me! xD
Also we're talking specifically about droughts here and how bad they are n stuff, but honestly I'd say the Wii U had a pretty decent first year software wise. Was certainly better than the 3DS's first year where I can only name 5 games off the top of my head, being MK7, SM3DL, Oot3D, Pilot Wings, and Nintendogs.

3ds had a lot of games in the first year, as much as WIi U if not more, they might not have been games you cared about but thats besides the point.

What games then? I'm pretty sure launch aligned Nintendo has put out more Wii U games than 3DS ones so far. 3rd partys of course have given the 3DS more games, but I wonder how many of them are noteworthy.

oh! come on man you gotta be more specific. I was talking overall, yeah Ninty probably did more in the first year, too lazy to check right now. As for noteworthy? thats in the eye of the beholder, IMHO they both suck hard 3rd party wise in the first year but Wii U was worst simply because it had few 3rd party exclusives anyway.

Well I did only name Nintendo games, so I could say it was implied!
I'll take your word for it on the third party thing. I was mainly just trying to say that so far Nintendo has been supporting the Wii U more than the 3DS, despite everyone complaining that Nintendo is focusing on the 3DS while tossing the Wii U asside.

Most of this is pretty inaccurate anyway.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

To include download-only games would be to concede that the Wii U did not suffer from a release drought, a ludicrous assertion. For the purposes of this thread, we are not including download-only titles.

It is unusual to have zero retail releases throughout January and February. This past year, the PS3 saw the releases of Ni No Kuni, DmC, and Metal Gear Rising in that time (off the top of my head). The 360 got the latter two of those as well. The 3DS got Fire Emblem: Awakening and Etrian Odyssey IV. If both the PS4 and XO have a complete absence of planned retail releases in those months, I think it's worth pointing out, regardless of their digital lineups.

Did WiiU actually have some great downloadable titles during that time?  The only games I own for my WiiU are Little Inferno and Earthbound but I didn't really hear anything about any other downloadable titles.  What else released during the supposed "drought" months that you think would discount it as being a drought?

Theirs not exactly really an issue with a games drought for existing PS4/X1 users but more of issue of a lack of exclusive PS4/X1 console only games to make people jump from the existing generation to the next. Too many AAA titles are still being released on PS3/360 and a real lack of exclusive quality games to really justify spending $400-500 on new console+ accessory's outside Hardcore community.

You forget many Wii U lunch titles were already out for PS360 for months and with more features. While all the third party games that are coming out for current gen are getting a way better treatment to their next gen versions. Plus the Playstation franchise is very popular when it comes to consoles. Lets see.

It's pretty simple, Nintendo announced they were publishing five titles in the "launch window".  The only one to actually come out in the US six months post launch was Lego City.  The retail version of Wii Fit U still isn't out.  Toss in the Rayman delay, and EA giving up on the platform and you have the reasons why the drought was viewed so unfavorably.

Also, PS4 and XBONE cross format titles will be preferable purely due to the technical advantage.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.