By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and XBONE are in for the same drought as WiiU

Somini said:
pezus said:

I guess we can expect similar sales from them as the WiiU, then. If not, can we blame the WiiU sales on something else?

What else could there be? Surely it must be software related.

Could be that people just think the system is fugly. :L

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
Seece said:

No. WiiU didn't have a drought if you just count any old games. WiiU had a drought in decent noticeable software, something xbox one definitely does not have.

December: Halo SA, Peggle 2, Xbox Fitness
January: D4, Spinal DLC for KI
February: Rayman Origins, Thief
March: Titanfall, Fulgore DLC for KI, Elder Scrolls Online
April: PVZ Garden Warfare, Kinect Sports Rivals

Q1/Q2: Project Spark, Watchdogs, Fantasia and Destiny

yeah i never got that, WIi U had a lot of games at launch. If a drought was such a big issue, why didnt people buy those?! 

Theres a good chance that people who bought Wii U at or around launch also are PS3/360 owners so mostly late ports of games they already played arent really going to help during a drought.

then i would question why such a person would buy a Wii U at launch in the first place. Most of the games were going to be ports and it was apparent that Ninty themselves wouldnt have that much in the pipeline in the first few months(and the didnt)

Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, Game & Wario were all originally launch window games, add that to Lego City Undercover and u could average one exclusive per month in the first half of the year.

No, we knew those games would be delayed BEFORE the system launched, now i know that not everyone follows games like that ,but i imagine most of the people buying these things day 1 would. Hell i dont think half of those games were ever confirmed at launch window

Thats not true at all. They were scheduled as launch window then sometime after launch they got pushed back to Q2 then all but Wario were delayed again. As for Rayman it was delayed like a week or two before release 

got a source? cause i dont believe it, aint no thing to preorder a game and Amazon is pretty good about release dates. Its not like they put out the system and said yeah about those games...

Einsam_Delphin said:
Correct if I'm wrong but I believe Wii Fit U, Party U, and Wario Ware were also in the launch window. I think another factor to take into account was that there wasn't anything to look foward to on Wii U until E3 arrived, so having games delayed for the system is a bigger deal than for XB1/PS4, as they already have big names like MGS5/KH3/Uncharted/FF15/etc. to look foward to. I think that's a factor for maintaining hype and interest in a console, and is why Nintendo had no choice but to announce games like Yarn Yoshi and SMT x FE that we've not heard about since.

so MOnster Hunter 3 Ultimate (82 metacritic) and Lego City Undercover (80) were not good games? 

people tend to assume there was a drought before Pikmin3 came out. like always, the good Nintendo games are just Zelda, Metroid and Smash Bros,  according to everyone else, just because they don't even try to play the other games. There are a lot of franchises and genres under Nintendo, I can show you my collection of Wii games. You probably are going to see games you have never known. 

Mummelmann said:
Aaaaand if they end up selling better anyway and a higher price, that tells us what?

tells us that alot of people just dont want the Wii U, but thats an even bigger pill to swallow

gergroy said:
So you are ignoring downloadable games then?

And FTP games. That's how it works with some people.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Aerys said:
RazorDragon said:

Great argument, man. You certainly debunked OP's argumentations with your insightful post.

Mhh? You really think we need to argue about the evidence ?

PS4 and even xbone will sell much better than Wii U, thanks to the good 3rd party support ( games that are not port from 2011 ), Wii U hadnt that. We can expect PS4 to outsell Wii U by march, and Xbone, during the year.

Now, in term of games, PS4 will get a good Sony support, good japan support and good 3rd party support, it wont be like the Wii U first  year with ridiculous amount of exclusive  games.

So NO, obviously, they are not in for the same drought  -_-

You could have just said that instead of disrespecting the OP...

pokoko said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Wii U got ratted on because it did have plenty of games for the launch window, but they all got pushed way back.

Ratted on!  :D  I like those words together.  Ratted on.

Anyway, the Wii U didn't just get ratted on for the drought, it got ratted on for how sparse the offerings were post-drought.  It was a really weak year, all told.  If the same happens to the PS4 and XO, then they also deserve the ratting, but third-party titles will likely keep that from happening.  I mean, they've already got Watch Dogs and Destiny on the schedule.

lolz, it just sounded right to me! xD
Also we're talking specifically about droughts here and how bad they are n stuff, but honestly I'd say the Wii U had a pretty decent first year software wise. Was certainly better than the 3DS's first year where I can only name 5 games off the top of my head, being MK7, SM3DL, Oot3D, Pilot Wings, and Nintendogs.

No. Just no.

cbarroso09 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Correct if I'm wrong but I believe Wii Fit U, Party U, and Wario Ware were also in the launch window. I think another factor to take into account was that there wasn't anything to look foward to on Wii U until E3 arrived, so having games delayed for the system is a bigger deal than for XB1/PS4, as they already have big names like MGS5/KH3/Uncharted/FF15/etc. to look foward to. I think that's a factor for maintaining hype and interest in a console, and is why Nintendo had no choice but to announce games like Yarn Yoshi and SMT x FE that we've not heard about since.

so MOnster Hunter 3 Ultimate (82 metacritic) and Lego City Undercover (80) were not good games? 

people tend to assume there was a drought before Pikmin3 came out. like always, the good Nintendo games are just Zelda, Metroid and Smash Bros,  according to everyone else, just because they don't even try to play the other games. There are a lot of franchises and genres under Nintendo, I can show you my collection of Wii games. You probably are going to see games you have never known. 

Um, did you quote the wrong person or something lol?

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
Seece said:

No. WiiU didn't have a drought if you just count any old games. WiiU had a drought in decent noticeable software, something xbox one definitely does not have.

December: Halo SA, Peggle 2, Xbox Fitness
January: D4, Spinal DLC for KI
February: Rayman Origins, Thief
March: Titanfall, Fulgore DLC for KI, Elder Scrolls Online
April: PVZ Garden Warfare, Kinect Sports Rivals

Q1/Q2: Project Spark, Watchdogs, Fantasia and Destiny

yeah i never got that, WIi U had a lot of games at launch. If a drought was such a big issue, why didnt people buy those?! 

Theres a good chance that people who bought Wii U at or around launch also are PS3/360 owners so mostly late ports of games they already played arent really going to help during a drought.

then i would question why such a person would buy a Wii U at launch in the first place. Most of the games were going to be ports and it was apparent that Ninty themselves wouldnt have that much in the pipeline in the first few months(and the didnt)

Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Wonderful 101, Wii Fit U, Game & Wario were all originally launch window games, add that to Lego City Undercover and u could average one exclusive per month in the first half of the year.

No, we knew those games would be delayed BEFORE the system launched, now i know that not everyone follows games like that ,but i imagine most of the people buying these things day 1 would. Hell i dont think half of those games were ever confirmed at launch window

Thats not true at all. They were scheduled as launch window then sometime after launch they got pushed back to Q2 then all but Wario were delayed again. As for Rayman it was delayed like a week or two before release 

got a source? cause i dont believe it, aint no thing to preorder a game and Amazon is pretty good about release dates. Its not like they put out the system and said yeah about those games...

For some reason I cant copy links with my phone but just do a quick google search

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.