By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Fan's Message to Nintendo

I agree with a lot of it especially the utilisation of the game pad. Wy would you make a game pad, that apparently makes the console a lot more expensive than it really is, and not use it at all?! Makes no sense! And no, its main functionality should not be switching the TV off for the gamepad, it's an additional feature but not a gameplay one.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
STRYKIE said:

Haven't watched the video yet (I've actually been subscribed to him for about 4 years, but I saw the length on it and thought yeah, fuck that noise), but Nintendo haven't truly done this since the SNES. 4 generations of cutting corners in some form or another would be a hell of a rap sheet to clear.

So you are another one of those guys who has subscribed to the myth that the 1.5GB discs of the GC were a serious obstacle. Please tell me that you at least don't believe that third parties shunned the GC because of its color.

Myth? The entire system was designed upon Nintendo's own convenience, it collectively goes way further than that. If I was better at making charts here I'd elaborate on what I mean. Granted the mini-DVD was better at handling compression than say, the Dreamcast GD-ROM, but more often that not it'd all be a trivia just see how the game would turn out on GC.

And to some extent, (even though the system launched in Purple and Black, and was first revealed in multiple colors, I don't get where the notion comes from that it had a primary color) that probably did have something to do with it, good luck trying to explain to the average Joe that "the fruity lunch box" was architecturally more powerful than the PS2 when it's best initial games were Melee, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, and Luigi's Mansion. Hardly ideal settings for demonstrating the system's full potential.

RolStoppable said:
STRYKIE said:

Myth? The entire system was designed upon Nintendo's own convenience, it collectively goes way further than that. If I was better at making charts here I'd elaborate on what I mean. Granted the mini-DVD was better at handling compression than say, the Dreamcast GD-ROM, but more often that not it'd all be a trivia just see how the game would turn out on GC.

And to some extent, (even though the system launched in Purple and Black, and was first revealed in multiple colors, I don't get where the notion comes from that it had a primary color) that probably did have something to do with it, good luck trying to explain to the average Joe that "the fruity lunch box" was architecturally more powerful than the PS2 when it's best initial games were Melee, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, and Luigi's Mansion. Hardly ideal settings for demonstrating the system's full potential.

Have a nice day.

Gran Turismo 3 wishes you well on your future endeavors.

RolStoppable said:
STRYKIE said:

Have a nice day.

I've never seen you so happy!
Also, you can't say the Wii U didn't get third party support. It got Ubisoft fully on board afterall, even if it doesn't last. :L
Though I agree Nintendo should stop wasting their time and resources trying to appease third partys.

fps_d0minat0r said:
oh 26 minutes....forget that.
good indication of how much is wrong with nintendo though.

yer keep believing that.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
RolStoppable said:
STRYKIE said:

Have a nice day.

I've never seen you so happy!
Also, you can't say the Wii U didn't get third party support. It got Ubisoft fully on board afterall, even if it doesn't last. :L
Though I agree Nintendo should stop wasting their time and resources trying to appease third partys.

I'm still relatively new here so I don;t know if his old ones were any different, but I don't think his avatar helps. Lol.

I think it is hard to argue w the basis of his message- I might debate some of the finer points but I essentially agree w him and don t see any reason why a person that either cares about Nintendo and/or are invested in their console(s) would not get behind his message and others hat are similar
Having said that- I honestly believe Nintendo is not as incompetent as they have acted (as it relates to the Wii U) A company would have to try hard to actually be as incompetent ans Nintendo wants us to believe- I think it all comes down to their recent losses (trying to keep their quarterly earnings in the black) and control

In order to make the Wii U successful and give their customer base more of what they have been asking for should have been very attainable- but t cost money- and Nintendo would have had to report more quarterly losses the last few quarters and several ahead of us in order to fully get behind the Wii U- Had they done so they would have ended up making more as a company and money on the Wii U in the future, not lost the market share they have lost (not as much anyway) and not lost nearly as much respect from the general gaming community as they have - but they have traded all that to keep the short term losses down and sacrificed the Wii U to do it- Maybe that is what Iwata had to do to save his job- keep the losses down even at the expense of the Wii U but it sure sucks for those of us that bought a Wii U w the expectation it would be a viable console for most of this "next" generation

STRYKIE said:

Gran Turismo 3 wishes you well on your future endeavors.

Gran Turismo 2 would be a better comparison to Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

so is wayne brady. and ive noticed alot of press on disney and cartoon network as of late. and not the kiddy cartoons i mean the 8-14 year old demographic and he older demographic on cartoon network. gonna be hard to get into primetime but what they need to do honestly to get people to realize nintendo has the wii u now is to make a superbowl commercial. but leave it mysterious and entertaining till the very end when you reveal what it is. 

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

scorptile said:

so is wayne brady. and ive noticed alot of press on disney and cartoon network as of late. and not the kiddy cartoons i mean the 8-14 year old demographic and he older demographic on cartoon network. gonna be hard to get into primetime but what they need to do honestly to get people to realize nintendo has the wii u now is to make a superbowl commercial. but leave it mysterious and entertaining till the very end when you reveal what it is. 

I've seen a lot of ads for Link Between Worlds on Comedy Central lately, myself. Today's Harry Potter movie on ABC Family also had a lot of that "upgrade to Wii U" commercial

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.