By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Fan's Message to Nintendo

Just Shokio making constructive criticism to what Nintendo has/hasn't done lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO8QqmwmeYY

If you agree, throw this video everywhere! Nintendo has to do most, if not all, of this!!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Posting this on youtube doesn't help if Nintendo never looks at it... People need to send it to Reggie on Twitter or something like that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've seen his videos before. Usually people on Youtube are idiots, but he's pretty well versed about what he's talking about.

he is good, but that video is more a rant than anything else.

oh 26 minutes....forget that.
good indication of how much is wrong with nintendo though.

Around the Network

cbarroso09 6 minutes ago

he is good, but that video is more a rant than anything else

did you watch the video? not a rant at all- w=very well said and thought out

Will Smith is a Nintendo fan :O?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Dunban67 said:
cbarroso09 6 minutes ago

he is good, but that video is more a rant than anything else

did you watch the video? not a rant at all- w=very well said and thought out

yes i did, when yo start talking loud and repeating yourself several times and get mad about it, you are ranting.

RolStoppable said:
Meh, aside from a couple of obvious points (like online multiplayer is a logical next step for offline multiplayer games and the 1GB OS being a waste) he didn't get much right. The funny thing is that he argues that Nintendo needs to build their next system in a way that doesn't leave third parties any excuses to not develop for it, but then provides an excuse for third parties later on: They have big established userbases who buy non-Nintendo consoles, so there's no reason to go back to Nintendo. I wonder how he would react if Nintendo provided hardware parity, yet still only got a few halfassed token games which then wouldn't sell and make third parties quickly abandon the ship again. Not that I would want to see that, because it's not worth to see Nintendo being destroyed for the sake of proving Shokio and likeminded people wrong.

In order for Nintendo to dominate, they need to build a system that people want to buy. I think everyone can agree with that sentence. However, it has become increasingly clear that a Nintendo system that people want to buy and a Nintendo system that could attract the support of the major third party publishers are at odds with each other. So any suggestions that Nintendo should go after third parties are very likely to result in failure for Nintendo. Or does anybody think that CoD, AC and the like pushed Wii U hardware?

Haven't watched the video yet (I've actually been subscribed to him for about 4 years, but I saw the length on it and thought yeah, fuck that noise), but Nintendo haven't truly done this since the SNES. 4 generations of cutting corners in some form or another would be a hell of a rap sheet to clear.

I watch his brothers vids more than his..But good stuff.