By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HardcoreGamer's - Game of the Generation is...

Tagged games:

Trunkin said:
What is this site, and why should I care what they think?

The ones giving COD ghost a 9/10 and calling it one of the best shooters from this generation =p.

Around the Network

Overall it's a very good list imo. I also think Super Mario Galaxy should have been a bit higher, but no list will meet my expectations other than the one I make myself.

Love that The Last of Us is no:1 though, if only because it's everything that Capcom told us that Resident Evil 5 and 6 couldn't be because gamer's tastes have changed and nobody would buy it.

Lemme guess...

Call of Duty with its hardcore auto-aim and ultra linear hardcore gameplay made it into the hardcore top 10.

Reliable as hardcore fuck.

Game of the generation to me is Portal, next Wii Sports (this thing moved oceans, got cloned and made countless company imitate the wiimote) and next is TLOU. Agree with the good points mentioned in OP, plus the soundtrack is the best ever on games.

Lol at that name.

Technically the Last of Us is the culmination of a generations worth of experimentation by Naughty Dog. I can see how it would get game of the generation. It represents all that grew out of the gen. No other company can really attest to that much growth outside of probably Rockstar and Bioware.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Well deserved. Will you be counting the GOTG awards it gets? ;o

Probably not since all websites might not do them and some do them from several years back when.. the gen wasnt even over. So it's a bit weird.

>Halo 3 @ 81
>COD: Ghosts @ 66

All credibility is lost

Not exactly the order I would list them in (Bioshock and Metal Gear Solid 4 are way too high) but The Last of Us is certainly a good choice for #1 (although I'd pick Super Meat Boy). Good to see that titles like Grand Theft Auto IV, Super Mario Galaxy and Halo did not receive undeserved, excessive praise.

I would personally give the nod to Mass Effect. IMO best new IP of the generation

Long Live SHIO!

I'm embarrassed at how many of these games I haven't played yet. I've got so much work to do :(

Am I correct in seeing not one handheld title? Or am I missing something?