By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Conspiracy Theory about PS4 1080p games is now an unconfirmed fact.

If your parity thing was true, COD multiplayer wouldnt have been in 1080p on PS. Also, this parity thing was a rumor made up by PS fanboys that were mad that PS3 couldnt have a massive graphical difference over XB. Im sure the rumor will come up again when there is no massive difference between multiplats this gen.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
It appears that BattleField 4 on the One doesn't have AO without a day one patch.

Theory debunked.

Have any one noticed that these wierd "resolution" patches are only on the games that are being releasing in 6 versions (Xone, PS4, PS360, WiiU and PC)?

Theory isn't debunked as I've already explained above.

"If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released."

CDiablo said:

If your parity thing was true, COD multiplayer wouldnt have been in 1080p on PS. Also, this parity thing was a rumor made up by PS fanboys that were mad that PS3 couldnt have a massive graphical difference over XB. Im sure the rumor will come up again when there is no massive difference between multiplats this gen.

Multiplayer requires you to be online.  So it really doesn't matter.  Activision probably argued there was no reason to patch that in, and as quoted above, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released.

Single player on the other hand doesn't require online.  So if someone doesn't have online, both versions will be 720p on PS4 and Xbox One.  Gives Microsoft a reason to pull such an underhanded tactic.

I don't want to believe Micosoft forced parity conspiracy. BUT when you look at the facts, they are troubling and confusing:

- COD Ghosts SP is pre-patch 720p post-patch 1080p but the MP has always been 1080p
Most of video shown on big websites on Internet (and reviews material) were taken from the SP so it would indicate that it was the developer choice for parity marketing bullshit because why not gimp MP also?

- Assassin's creed pre-patch 900p post patch 1080p
I incline again to the publisher for reviewing purposes and not deter X1 fans from the game altogether but here it looks like it is Microsoft forced because remember the first leaked opinions of Ubisoft about the PS4 and that their games could run easily 1080p30fps on PS4 and 900p20fps on X1. Seems to me that Assassin's Creed was always 1080p30fps on the PS4.

- Battlefield 4 900p.
Here it is tricky because you would say well, it is neither Microsoft forcing parity nor the publisher who is afraid of loosing X1 customers (who would not buy a PS4 for the game anyway). But here I will explain to you my more crazy conspiracy theory than OP: Remember when the first videos of reviews of this game come? Most of people could not (on still images) really say PS4 version was better and even though (myself included) that 720p X1 was better looking than 900p on screenshots.

Well guys. My conspiracty theory is that, in my opinion, the 720p consoles version DOES look better on screenshots than PS4 900p because the developer deliberately gimped the game with an horrible, awful, catastrophic, pure, unaltered gaussian blur worse than any Quincunx or FXAA nightmare you could have. It is the "soft blur" noticed by DF myself included that is still there on the current version of BF4 confirmed by Digital Foundry recent tweet. On some images, BF4 on PS3 looks sharper than on PS4, I wish I was only kidding.
http://s926.photobucket.com/user/ziseknsa/media/ps3vsps4_zps4755089d.jpg.html
Want more proof?
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/680/8740/original.jpg

In the end those 3 developers (publishers guided) did gimped (with 3 different bullshit excuses/scenario) the aformentionned games just in time for the pre-reviews ,what a divine coincidence.

P.S. It is My BF4 conspiracy theory. I invented and copyrighted it.

This hasn't been confirmed by Microsoft, and probably won't be for a long time, just like their anti consumerist 360 policies that were later confirmed, but with the evidence we now have with the release of Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag, the conspiracy theory in my original post is nothing short than fact.

You can argue that Battlefield 4 runs in 900p on PS4, but just like the Xbox 360, there's a clause in their policy.  "If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released."  Microsoft reserves the r ight to not allow the content to be released, means that it doesn't necessarily mean that they can choose whether or not for the game to be allowed on their console.

It's just a major coincidence Call of Duty Ghosts was 720p on the Xbox One and by some coincidence they messed up coding it and it's locked at 720p even though 1080p resolution is available on disc.  It's another major coincidence that we now know the Xbox One version of Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag is 900p at 30fps, and according to Ubisoft, they were nice enough to work on the PS4 version more to get it running at 1080p.  So they're not nice enough to Xbox fans to do the same?  What about back in June when Black Flag was  running in 1080p 30fps on the PS4 even though they stated it was running 1080p 60fps.  I suppose they just downgraded the game to run at 900p 30fps because it just happened to stop running properly, and then they magically upgraded it.

So yeah.  Two games in a row that received after release patches from the Xbox Ones native resolution up to 1080p.  Two bs excuses in a row with facts that are out there that we can clearly see.  I'm sure these aren't the last games that will follow this sort of policy.

Just goes to show that Microsoft is the king of anti consumeristic policies. 

Sony fans spend more time playing with tin foil hats than playstations now a confirmed fact.

Around the Network

Also, did you hear about that rumor: Microsoft signed a treaty with the Aliens to control the entire population (or at least the one who are smart enough to buy an Xbox One!)!

It is an unconfirmed fact tho...