By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Conspiracy Theory about PS4 1080p games is now an unconfirmed fact.

Yeah, sure. It's all Microsoft's fault, not the lack of development time or anything like that which usually happens when a new console is launched...

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

Or maybe the DLC isn't finished when the game is finished and they finalize that after the game is gold? Developers already have enough overtime to finish the main game in-time, they probably don't want to waste the rest of their life for an extra hour of content Sony paid for just to put it on the disc.

"Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platform, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available," it reads.

"If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/microsoft-demands-content-release-date-parity-for--511771/

Which proves while all the extra content PS3 games have received were DLC codes and not on disc.  This could also be why the games are launching at 720p and 900p on disc for PS4, in order to have content parity. 

As for Battlefield 4.  "Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released."  They decided to let Battlefield 4 release on the Xbox One is all I can say. 

What's quoted above is only PS360, but doesn't mean that Microsoft can't have a similar requirement for the Xbox One.  Something even more anti consumer.  If the old policy for last gen wasn't anti consumer enough.

kupomogli said:
crissindahouse said:

Or maybe the DLC isn't finished when the game is finished and they finalize that after the game is gold? Developers already have enough overtime to finish the main game in-time, they probably don't want to waste the rest of their life for an extra hour of content Sony paid for just to put it on the disc.

"Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platform, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available," it reads.

"If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/microsoft-demands-content-release-date-parity-for--511771/

ok but that still doesn't change the situation about battlefield? if it would be really the same with every game but it isn't.  i just don#t see how ea would risk to make microsoft angry if microsoft really has such a rule. ea doesn't gain anything from that except for a probably worse relationship.

crissindahouse said:
kupomogli said:
crissindahouse said:

ok but that still doesn't change the situation about battlefield? if it would be really the same with every game but it isn't. 

I ninja edited, sorry.  But it does prove that for Battlefield 4.

As for Battlefield 4.  "If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released."  Just take feature and content parity is resolution parity instead since this is from the PS360 content requirement.

kupomogli said:

I ninja edited, sorry.  But it does prove that for Battlefield 4.

As for Battlefield 4.  "If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released."

What's quoted above is only PS360, but doesn't mean that Microsoft can't have a similar requirement for the Xbox One.  Something even more anti consumer.  If the old policy for last gen wasn't anti consumer enough.

yeah i edited my post as well. i just don't see why ea would release it still with higher resolution knowing that microsoft has this agreement with their partners. all ea would gain from that is that microsoft would be "angry" and since microsoft and ea are partners who seem to like each other pretty much, ea would be stupid to do that if they could simply release a patch on day one. they could still advertise it with 900p like activision and ubisoft do it with 1080p and cod/asscreed

ok, some might say ea is stupid

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

We all know that Microsoft has a requirement on new releases that if the game releasese on the PS3 before the 360, then Microsoft won't allow that game to appear on the 360 in the future.  It has to be released on the same day or before and the 360 version has to have the exact same content coming with it as the PS3 version has on disc...

Stoped to read after this... :)

Imaginedvl said:
kupomogli said:

We all know that Microsoft has a requirement on new releases that if the game releasese on the PS3 before the 360, then Microsoft won't allow that game to appear on the 360 in the future.  It has to be released on the same day or before and the 360 version has to have the exact same content coming with it as the PS3 version has on disc...

well, that developer can't release a game on 360 after another console was well known and it is true. the stuff with the extra content is something i didn't know until few minutes ago.

Imaginedvl said:
kupomogli said:

Guess you jjust don't like hearing the truth.  Confirmation taken directly from a Microsoft rep's mouth. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-why-microsoft-wont-publish-psn-firsts

lets just wait a year down the line when devs have had plenty of time to develop the games rather than rush with a set of consoles which are brand new to them. Games are always buggy and noway near at full potential at the start of a consoles life, its all new territory for developers.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

It appears that BattleField 4 on the One doesn't have AO without a day one patch.

Theory debunked.

Have any one noticed that these wierd "resolution" patches are only on the games that are being releasing in 6 versions (Xone, PS4, PS360, WiiU and PC)?