By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - One of the saddest days in gaming history. :(

saddest day in gaming history? what about when gunpei yokoi died? even I remember that being the saddest day

Around the Network

I was sad when my Sega died 12 years ago. But I am glad Wii came.

WW Market share prediction on 31st March 08 (I make this prediction on 13 Dec 07):

Wii - 50%

X360 - 30%

PS3 - 20%

I used to swear by nintendo consoles, bought a wii (played less then 10 times, not including GC games) not i play my 360 80% of the time (still beating some PS2 games)

i miss my dreamcast, i lost my powercord, i need to get a new one, it was the best system ever.

And here I thought Miyamoto died or something like that.

Around the Network

@ ultraslick:

Lol I exagerated calling it an "entertainment centre"! Its just a table in my bedroom with a TV on it! haha lol no speakers, no nothing. Just a console and a TV.

Thanks for the moral support guys!

I hope i can withstand this devastating blow...

coolestguyever said:

As you may know, I'm a Sony fanboy.

I've had my 60gb PS3 since Feb-Mar 2007 and its been the focal point of my entertainment system since then.

In Mid-January I picked up my 360 since my friends talked me into it.

Ever since I picked up 360, I haven't touched my PS3.

So getting to the sad part, for the first time in my gaming history...The PS3 is sitting in the closet, not hooked up to the TV. A Microsoft console took top spot in my entertainment centre. Since 1997, a Playstation family console has been hooked up to my TV. So As of Feb. 12, 2008 my PS3 is in the closet. :(

It took 11 years, but I have a non-sony console hooked up. (This is only till GT5, KZ2, MGS4, etc or whatever the next good game is)

Hmm... you have 7 PS3 games and 4 360 games. Also the next 2 games you want to play are multi-platform. Why are you using your 360 instead of your PS3? What are those amazing 4 games you own on the 360 that keep you away from your PS3?

PS: Anyway, your 360 will eventually RRoD and then you will be happy to have a PS3 ;) 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

@ Krik: That is a good point, thanks for brining it up. Its just cause I love getting achievements! lol It adds so much replay value, plus most of my friends have 360 so I can play online against/with them.

coolestguyever said:
@ Krik: That is a good point, thanks for brining it up. Its just cause I love getting achievements! lol It adds so much replay value, plus most of my friends have 360 so I can play online against/with them.

Well, get your friends to buy a PS3... MGS Online, Resistance 2, LBP and KZ 2 are coming :)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M