By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon Customer Reviews for PS4 - Trolls or serious issues?

Who better than our neighbors to explain the phenomena of "over blowing" matters.
Students be quiet the masterclass is in session.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
adriane23 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ladies,

I am not trolling. Just a short question:

Is this legit?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Sooo many DOA-Units?

Thanks

I'm thinking most are trolling, but some are legit due to Amazon packing or lack thereof. If the hardware was the issue, why aren't people that bought their systems from retail stores not reporting DOA consoles? Best Buy's support forums would be flooded if this was an actual issue.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb/8240103.p?id=1218866963585&skuId=8240103#tab=reviews

Best Buy.

Yep, that's what I thought. Trolls.

1. The negative reviews either say nothing specific and just say typical Xbox fanboy rhetoric. Here's an example I just read.

"Such a long wait for a terrible product. I'm not going to get into it because of time but the reviews will be coming!! Not good, bad Sony!!"

2. None of the reviewers mentioning a bricked system have posted in the community forums. Strange don't you think?
3. 90% of the reviews, positive and negative, are from June and July.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I stopped reading the posts around 30 posts in, but I'm really curious as to why people are saying that Amazon must have sold so many copies themselves. What proof do we have that Amazon is selling, like some person here said, over a million copies? That really doesn't make sense to me, because that would mean that Amazon would have the largest percentage of PS4's compared to anyone else.

MDMAlliance said:
I stopped reading the posts around 30 posts in, but I'm really curious as to why people are saying that Amazon must have sold so many copies themselves. What proof do we have that Amazon is selling, like some person here said, over a million copies? That really doesn't make sense to me, because that would mean that Amazon would have the largest percentage of PS4's compared to anyone else.

Because they made a statement about it?

See here;

Amazon Sold 2,500 Xbox One and PS4 Pre-Orders Per Minute Last Week

Ladies and gentlemen, the gaming business is just fine. You wouldn't know it from the declining figures posted by The NPD Group time and again, but as some suspected, gamers have grown stingy with their spending because they're waiting on next generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. One need only look at the mad dash consumers made toAmazon in the wake of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 being offered up for pre-order.

According to a press release Amazon's been emailing the media, the Amazon Video Games store had its biggest pre-order week of all time thanks to the launch of the aforementioned consoles. At the "peak of demand" a week ago, Amazon was processing more than 2,500 Xbox One and PS4 consoles per minute.

"The E3 week pre-orders of the two wildly-anticipated gaming consoles brought a year-over-year increase in orders of more than 4,000 percent, compared to consoles ordered during E3 week last year," Amazon said. "Day one pre-orders for the two consoles was nearly two times that of all video games sales on black Friday last year."

Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year, underscoring just how much demand there is for these new consoles. Of course, the Wii U posted some strong numbers at first as well, but it wasn't breaking records the way these two are. At present, the Xbox One and PS4 remain the top two selling items in Amazon Video Games, with the Xbox One having leapfrogged its rival after Microsoft reversed course on its DRM policy. So much for this generation of consoles being doomed to failure.

Somini said:
MDMAlliance said:

See here;

Ladies and gentlemen, the gaming business is just fine. You wouldn't know it from the declining figures posted by The NPD Group time and again, but as some suspected, gamers have grown stingy with their spending because they're waiting on next generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. One need only look at the mad dash consumers made toAmazon in the wake of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 being offered up for pre-order.

According to a press release Amazon's been emailing the media, the Amazon Video Games store had its biggest pre-order week of all time thanks to the launch of the aforementioned consoles. At the "peak of demand" a week ago, Amazon was processing more than 2,500 Xbox One and PS4 consoles per minute.

"The E3 week pre-orders of the two wildly-anticipated gaming consoles brought a year-over-year increase in orders of more than 4,000 percent, compared to consoles ordered during E3 week last year," Amazon said. "Day one pre-orders for the two consoles was nearly two times that of all video games sales on black Friday last year."

Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year, underscoring just how much demand there is for these new consoles. Of course, the Wii U posted some strong numbers at first as well, but it wasn't breaking records the way these two are. At present, the Xbox One and PS4 remain the top two selling items in Amazon Video Games, with the Xbox One having leapfrogged its rival after Microsoft reversed course on its DRM policy. So much for this generation of consoles being doomed to failure.

I'm going to be honest and say that I have no idea how this says that Amazon has the most out of anyone else or how it says that Amazon has over 1m pre-orders for PS4 alone.  I didn't visit the links because I would assume that what you pasted had the information that "proves" it, but you didn't. 

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Goatseye said:
adriane23 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Ladies,

I am not trolling. Just a short question:

Is this legit?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Sooo many DOA-Units?

Thanks

I'm thinking most are trolling, but some are legit due to Amazon packing or lack thereof. If the hardware was the issue, why aren't people that bought their systems from retail stores not reporting DOA consoles? Best Buy's support forums would be flooded if this was an actual issue.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-500gb/8240103.p?id=1218866963585&skuId=8240103#tab=reviews

Best Buy.

Yep, that's what I thought. Trolls.

1. The negative reviews either say nothing specific and just say typical Xbox fanboy rhetoric. Here's an example I just read.

"Such a long wait for a terrible product. I'm not going to get into it because of time but the reviews will be coming!! Not good, bad Sony!!"

2. None of the reviewers mentioning a bricked system have posted in the community forums. Strange don't you think?
3. 90% of the reviews, positive and negative, are from June and July.

True and the same goes for positive reviews also.Sony fanboy rethoric.

MDMAlliance said:
Somini said:
MDMAlliance said:

See here;

I'm going to be honest and say that I have no idea how this says that Amazon has the most out of anyone else or how it says that Amazon has over 1m pre-orders for PS4 alone.  I didn't visit the links because I would assume that what you pasted had the information that "proves" it, but you didn't. 

That´s your problem, but denying they´ve quite some consoles is just denial on your part. I never mentioned anything about a million consoles. And amazon is more credible than you are.

Only time will tell.

Even then, knowing any concrete numbers or percentages will be impossible. We still don't know how widespread the DRE's on the PS2 or the RRoD's on the 360 actually were, just estimates.

That being said, the problems are real. Hopefully they are truly isolated and not indicative of a larger problem.

Somini said:
MDMAlliance said:

That´s your problem, but denying they´ve quite some consoles is just denial on your part. I never mentioned anything about a million consoles. And amazon is more credible than you are.

I think you need to learn how to read, because the whole point of my post comes from the fact that I literally seen someone say that there was over 1 million pre-orders from Amazon.  Not only that, but your sources don't also say anything that refutes what I said.  The only hard number provided was an amount between TWO consoles in a matter of one minute.  It barely says anything.  My post wasn't about the reviews but solely on the amount sold by Amazon.  Stop trying to start shit.

My PS4 works fine. No problems whatsoever. Do not underestimate the persistance of Xbot CoD gamers that have nothing better to do with their time than to post a bunch of nonsense. This is my first post here..have been reading articles on here for quite some time. If you are worried about purchasing a PS4 and think there might be hardware problems with it I wouldn't worry. Seems like the people at IGN and Kotaku that had their PS4's fail was just a stroke of bad luck. Also I believe the Xbone will be relatively problem free, hardware wise. I can't imagine MS wants to extend the year warranty to 3 years again.  Sry the PS4's web browser doesn't like paragraphs.