By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon Customer Reviews for PS4 - Trolls or serious issues?

Ladies,

I am not trolling. Just a short question:

Is this legit?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Sooo many DOA-Units?

Thanks

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

203 out of how many?

betacon said:
203 out of how many?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

Ladies,

I am not trolling. Just a short question:

Is this legit?

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition/product-reviews/B00BGA9WK2/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Sooo many DOA-Units?

Thanks

That was fast.

Nearly half were DOA?  Don't believe this for a second.

Around the Network

Some of it is trolling and or legit issues. Alot of the people who buys things on amazon don't do reviews a whole often so that's another reason compared to those who are vocal about the console failing. The sample that you see is obviously pretty bias otherwise there would be no sites reporting or claiming of mass failure.

whilst 203 is a high number....amazon will be selling the most consoles this launch window so in reality its a pretty small fraction of the amount they have shipped. Add to that the fact people are more likely to complain than say its great means trying to draw any conclusions from customer responses is difficult.

Well i checked the first few pages and a large majority of these have the Amazon Verified Purchase thing on them, so i think it's legit. Unless of course you guys think that Xbox fanboys bought a PS4 just so they could give it a bad review on Amazon, i don't know why anyone would think it's fake.

Some of these 1 star ratings may be just for dumb things though, i seen someone give an MSI laptop a 1 out of 5 stars because it didn't come in pink.

DirtyP2002 said:
betacon said:
203 out of how many?

Amazon only sold 470 units, no wonder they had supply issues

I doubt that it is trolls because Amazon requires you to buy the product before rating it. However out of the thousands of people who bought it from Amazon we are only seeing 400 reviews so that is a relatively small number compared to the total bought. Best to wait for more information. Hopefully it is a minimum amount of failures rather than what we may or may not believe.

EDIT:  Apparenly it doesnt require you to purchase an item but it does verify who has bought it and who "says" they have.