By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Amazon Customer Reviews for PS4 - Trolls or serious issues?

kupomogli said:
TheEspionage said:

I doubt that it is trolls because Amazon requires you to buy the product before rating it. However out of the thousands of people who bought it from Amazon we are only seeing 400 reviews so that is a relatively small number compared to the total bought. Best to wait for more information. Hopefully it is a minimum amount of failures rather than what we may or may not believe.

No, you don't have to purchae a product at Amazon before you can use it, but over half of the bad reviews did purchase it, so 2/3 of the bad reviews, without going through all of them, seems likely to be legit reviews, the others being troll reviews.

Sorry, I must've had that wrong so thank you for clarifying that for me.  Well at least we know who actually purchased them which helps.  But yeah as I said previously this is a small pool compared to the total amount of first day consumers.  Until we get more information it is only speculation from here on out and I hope that nobody jumps the gun just yet.  One thing I hate about console wars is that these things are viewed as fuel for the console wars rather than emphasizing for the people who had bad luck.

Around the Network
TheEspionage said:

I doubt that it is trolls because Amazon requires you to buy the product before rating it. However out of the thousands of people who bought it from Amazon we are only seeing 400 reviews so that is a relatively small number compared to the total bought. Best to wait for more information. Hopefully it is a minimum amount of failures rather than what we may or may not believe.

Are you sure?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:
TheEspionage said:

Are you sure?

Kupomogli explained it to me so I was wrong on that part xD

I edited my other comment to clarify how I was wrong :)

Wow this is going to cost Sony big.

All tr$ll. The PS4 is perfect :).

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Sony sold over a million units. A 0.04% failure rate advised by them is 400 units out of a million

Amazon.com probably sold half a million of them which is 200 units with failure

The predictions are Sony sold way over a million in the first day

I think we should wait until more serious report appear, we shouldn't use Amazon customer reviews to judge how many PS4 have a failure rate. I say we should wait a couple of weeks!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
I think we should wait until more serious report appear, we shouldn't use Amazon customer reviews to judge how many PS4 have a failure rate. I say we should wait a couple of weeks!

I agree with this post.  Good post Anfebious!  

The failure rate is 0.4% if Sony is to be believed. My guess is that the majority of Amazon buyers didn't bother with a review, I usually don't. The ones who did get a broken console have more incentive to go write a review because they can let out their frustrations and warn others. The reasonable solution would to wait until we get clarified comments from Sony because it's too early to attack the PS4 over failure rates.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
The failure rate is 0.4% if Sony is to be believed.

I dont even think sony can confirm anything yet.  It is too early to confirm failure rates.