By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Even If Nintendo Quits Consoles, They Will Not Go "Third Party"

gmcmen said:
EricFabian said:

But in the end:

1 Super Mario Galaxy Wii 2007 Platform Nintendo 5.81 3.17 1.20 0.69 10.87
1 Halo 4 X360 2012 Shooter Microsoft Game Studios 5.89 1.91 0.04 0.62 8.46

Mario Galaxy still sold more than Halo

hmm  i was comparing the last games that came out and halo 3 which came out in 2007 still outsold mario glaxy 1 and 2 which were both  heavly bundled, but as you can see the last games from each respective franchise, halo 4 smoked it and it was only bundled in limited edition unlike galaxy 2 which got you a great deal on wii, the limited edition cost 350$ for halo 4.

Galaxy 2 was never bundled, what are you talking about? NSMBW was bundled.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
gmcmen said:

hmm  i was comparing the last games that came out and halo 3 which came out in 2007 still outsold mario glaxy 1 and 2 which were both  heavly bundled, but as you can see the last games from each respective franchise, halo 4 smoked it and it was only bundled in limited edition unlike galaxy 2 which got you a great deal on wii, the limited edition cost 350$ for halo 4.

heavly bundled? No. Wii Sports was, Mario galaxy not. There is a gret bundle, of course, but still.... anyway

Click HERE and be happy 

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

For starters, if it was Sony, Sony would likely have to give up their handheld business period or simply cede it to Nintendo. So there's that.

Does this mean that Sony and Nintendo already have such a deal in place?

I laughed really hard.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

fps_d0minat0r said:
zippy said:
Nintendo wont quit home consoles, they can sell as little as 20 million units and still move enough first party software to make profits. Look at NSMBU, over 2 million sold on a 4 million install base, thats insane!! As i always say, there is more to gaming than just Microsoft and Sony. It seems to me that many people want to play Nintendo games, but a majority are too stubborn and pig headed to buy the hardware, hence the reason many cry out for them to go third party.

well it does make sense that people want to play most of their favourite games on 1 systems doesnt it?

xbox and ps offer a wider range compared to the wii U.

instead of wasting time marketing the wii U and making games for a system with a 4m install base, they could be making games for PS3/xbox's ~160m installbase (maybe lower taking into account failed consoles)

If i want to play Uncharted i simply buy a Sony console, i dont bitch and moan, wishing they would go 3rd party so i could play that franchise. Nintendo will always make bigger profits from their own software being on their hardware, they get 100% of the profits with no middle man taking their cut. There is a reason why Nintendo made more money than Sony during the Gamecube era, a console with a small user base still generated good profits for Nintendo.

zippy said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
zippy said:
Nintendo wont quit home consoles, they can sell as little as 20 million units and still move enough first party software to make profits. Look at NSMBU, over 2 million sold on a 4 million install base, thats insane!! As i always say, there is more to gaming than just Microsoft and Sony. It seems to me that many people want to play Nintendo games, but a majority are too stubborn and pig headed to buy the hardware, hence the reason many cry out for them to go third party.

well it does make sense that people want to play most of their favourite games on 1 systems doesnt it?

instead of wasting time marketing the wii U and making games for a system with a 4m install base, they could be making games for PS3/xbox's ~160m installbase (maybe lower taking into account failed consoles)

If i want to play Uncharted i simply buy a Sony console, i dont bitch and moan, wishing they would go 3rd party so i could play that franchise. Nintendo will always make bigger profits from their own software being on their hardware, they get 100% of the profits with no middle man taking their cut. There is a reason why Nintendo made more money than Sony during the Gamecube era, a console with a small user base still generated good profits for Nintendo.

you get uncharted and all the third party support there is, not to mention the most powerful console of last gen with a blue ray player, when you buy the wiiu all you get is nintendo games, and looking at the sales chart its just not enough, its even tracking behind the dreamcast right now.

Around the Network
gmcmen said:
zippy said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
zippy said:

you get uncharted and all the third party support there is, not to mention the most powerful console of last gen with a blue ray player, when you buy the wiiu all you get is nintendo games, and looking at the sales chart its just not enough, its even tracking behind the dreamcast right now.

Wii U has some great exclusives and even though people call out poor 3rd party support, it has actually had a majority of multiplats the PS360 have had this year. I know there are many faults with the Wii U, but im still baffled by how badly it actually has done, thankfully the last month or so has seen an improvement in sales. I still expect it to reach GameCube type sales. I hate the way people write it off a a complete failure, rather than give Nintendo time to try and rectify the situation, Sony turned the PS3 around no reason why Nintendo cant boost Wii Us chances.

zippy said:
gmcmen said:
zippy said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
zippy said:

Wii U has some great exclusives and even though people call out poor 3rd party support, it has actually had a majority of multiplats the PS360 have had this year. I know there are many faults with the Wii U, but im still baffled by how badly it actually has done, thankfully the last month or so has seen an improvement in sales. I still expect it to reach GameCube type sales. I hate the way people write it off a a complete failure, rather than give Nintendo time to try and rectify the situation, Sony turned the PS3 around no reason why Nintendo cant boost Wii Us chances.

The ps3 was 499-599$, came out in europe 5 months after the us release, yet still destroys wiiu current sales, the wiiu sold 51k in october which is beyond terrible, if they want to to reach gamecube levels there gonna have to drop the gamepad and sell for 150$ imo, and the worst part is almost all third party support is being dropped cause third party games won't sell cause those third party games already have a established home on playstation/xbox :(

RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

For starters, if it was Sony, Sony would likely have to give up their handheld business period or simply cede it to Nintendo. So there's that.

Does this mean that Sony and Nintendo already have such a deal in place?

Dohohohoho

gmcmen said:
zippy said:
gmcmen said:
zippy said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
zippy said:

The ps3 was 499-599$, came out in europe 5 months after the us release, yet still destroys wiiu current sales, the wiiu sold 51k in october which beyond terrible, if they want to to reach gamecube levels there gonna have to drop the gamepad and sell for 150$ imo, and the worst part is almost all third party support is being dropped :(

Wii U sold 51k during October in AMERICA not worldwide, where obviously it did more, so there has been a significant boost in Europe and Japan. According to VGchartz Wii U has sold around 400k worldwide in the last 6 weeks, which although isnt amazing is still a step in the right direction if you compare it to the 500k it sold in 6 months. That was terrible, i really hope things turn around the console is decent and doesnt deserve to fail, similar to Vita :(

zippy said:
gmcmen said:
zippy said:
gmcmen said:
zippy said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
zippy said:

The ps3 was 499-599$, came out in europe 5 months after the us release, yet still destroys wiiu current sales, the wiiu sold 51k in october which beyond terrible, if they want to to reach gamecube levels there gonna have to drop the gamepad and sell for 150$ imo, and the worst part is almost all third party support is being dropped :(

Wii U sold 51k during October in AMERICA not worldwide, where obviously it did more, so there has been a significant boost in Europe and Japan. According to VGchartz Wii U has sold around 400k worldwide in the last 6 weeks, which although isnt amazing is still a step in the right direction if you compare it to the 500k it sold in 6 months. That was terrible, i really hope things turn around the console is decent and doesnt deserve to fail, similar to Vita :(

i hope it turns around but in europe its dead, the console is actually being returned by retailers there. i guess we can hope. i got my wiiu used for 150$ so what ever happens i'm fine,  150$ is great deal to play the best nintendo games