By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita 10 Week Sales Countdown 2012 vs 2013! Week 6 Up [741k vs 654k] *2012 Winning

Scisca said:
No way Vita can reach the result from last year. It had ACIII:L and CoD, while this year it's only Tearaway. And I know Tearaway is better than these two games combined, but it doesn't look like a system seller and surely not on its own. Vita needs a steady flow of games - one big game a month at least. Instead we're getting 2-3 games per year. That would kill every single console in history.

Maybe the effect of the last price cut will re-show again and this years it would do a lot better in Japan then last years

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Scisca said:
No way Vita can reach the result from last year. It had ACIII:L and CoD, while this year it's only Tearaway. And I know Tearaway is better than these two games combined, but it doesn't look like a system seller and surely not on its own. Vita needs a steady flow of games - one big game a month at least. Instead we're getting 2-3 games per year. That would kill every single console in history.

Maybe the PS4 will help it.

No way

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:

No way

Tooo? The OP? srry confused, unless you mean no way to ps4 helping it

The only way the Vita could reach last years numbers is if the VTV explodes in Japan and in Asia. Which probably won't happen.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
The only way the Vita could reach last years numbers is if the VTV explodes in Japan and in Asia. Which probably won't happen.

Vita TV will help big time, but US is where it needs to be big at (Europe doing decently

No way ps4 will spend a extra 170 dollars to this fonctionnality it's only great for people who already have both console.

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m

tbone51 said:
tiffac said:

Vita TV will help big time, but US is where it needs to be big at (Europe doing decently

With people buying PS4 and X1 this holiday (plus games) I doubt they will have extra for a Vita, unless they already have it on their shopping list. Without a PS4 + Vita bundle there won't be enough push to get to those numbers.

small44 said:

No way ps4 will spend a extra 170 dollars to this fonctionnality it's only great for people who already have both console.

It's not only this functionality (which is really awesome), but also for all the PSV games they are gonna get from the mandatory PS+ that will keep telling them - you already have exclusive Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Assassin's Creed (I take it for granted that it hits PS+ soon, in early 2014) and a bunch of other great games, you are missing out on so much fun! Just get the portable! 3 months into PS+ they will already have over 10 PSV games including many must-have titles. This PS4-PSV integration is playing for the long run, it's not meant to give a huge boost just this holiday when PS4 enters the market. While PSV will struggle to be up YoY in 2013, it should easily achieve this in 2014. Can't tell by how much, considering we know only about +/- 15-20 no gamez to be released next year, but the PS4 effect alone should carry it to better sales.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
small44 said:

It's not only this functionality (which is really awesome), but also for all the PSV games they are gonna get from the mandatory PS+ that will keep telling them - you already have exclusive Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Assassin's Creed (I take it for granted that it hits PS+ soon, in early 2014) and a bunch of other great games, you are missing out on so much fun! Just get the portable! 3 months into PS+ they will already have over 10 PSV games including many must-have titles. This PS4-PSV integration is playing for the long run, it's not meant to give a huge boost just this holiday when PS4 enters the market. While PSV will struggle to be up YoY in 2013, it should easily achieve this in 2014. Can't tell by how much, considering we know only about +/- 15-20 no gamez to be released next year, but the PS4 effect alone should carry it to better sales.

I don't understand your point of you ,you say people would buy a vita because of ps+ and then you say ps4 will help vita i don't see a relation.

Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

3DS - 80m