By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW UP! 9th November 2013

Metroidfreak94 said:
I really don't want to come up with another "Wii U is doomed" comment, but I am really worried.
Mario needs to hit hard to save Nintendo's holiday season. The Wii U needs to sell at least 100k WW every week until Mario Kart 8 releases, otherwise it's in serious trouble.
The only thing that could save it then, is another price drop with intense advertising of games like Mario 3D world, Mario Kart (!), and Donkey Kong.

100K EVERY week? i dont think thats gonna happen

Around the Network

You have to give it up to the original Infinity Ward team (Respawn) with Call of Duty 4. They basically use the exact same formula every single year and still sell a shit ton. Now I just hope Respawn can do it again with TitanFall. Can they turn heads in the FPS genre a 2nd time?

EricFabian said:
Ghosts on Wii U! What a great sucess!

20K is a success?! I'm going to have to edit my dictionary's entry.....

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

gta v on 360 already surpassed the ps3 version?
Even after the bundle?
I knew it!
Now those guys i was arguing with can come back in here and see how i was correct all along.

"Breakness awaits" 11-15-2013

Soundwave said:
Wii U and Vita .... the bomba bros.

I've already accepted Vita's death so I don't care anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

Around the Network
XxTheOneAndOnlyxX said:
Even after the bundle?
I knew it!
Now those guys i was arguing with can come back in here and see how i was correct all along.

What are you talking about?  Lifetime still shows a significant lead for the PS3 version, and so far for the week ending the 9th the US and EU data shows a slight lead for the PS3 version.  Based on Media Create numbers the PS3 version in Japan will add another ~25k over the 360 version.

Updated OP with Europe numbers as well.

XxTheOneAndOnlyxX said:
Even after the bundle?
I knew it!

GTA V PS3- 13,781,025

GTA V X360 - 11,444,819

oh you know it alright!  Now those guys you were arguing with can come back here and laugh at your math skills..

COD weighing in at 6.3 million give or take FW, should be a nice extra chunk added by the 4Bone version which will put it in the same ballpark as the other entries. Yes, I'm afraid there's plenty of life in the old Dog yet

Blood_Tears said:
XxTheOneAndOnlyxX said:
Even after the bundle?
I knew it!

GTA V PS3- 13,781,025

GTA V X360 - 11,444,819

oh you know it alright!  Now those guys you were arguing with can come back here and laugh at your math skills..

Im talking about the USA. 360 version has surpassed it. 

Someone else has to do their math correctly. 

"Breakness awaits" 11-15-2013