By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Another PS4 Event another disappointment(for me)

Darth Tigris said:
STRYKIE said:
Darth Tigris said:
Launches are overhyped and underwhelming, and everything about this launch has followed the pattern. You, the Sony hardcore, took everything PS4 to a ridiculous level. Shame on you. Of all people you should know that NO PS has had a good launch. Worth it later, but NOT at launch. At least the Nintendo and MS (and even the late Sega) faithful have had huge AAA games at launch and thus could be suckered into hyping a launch.

By all means, elaborate.

Don't bother saying Super Mario 64 either. I personally would've been mortified and sent insane if I was stuck with that one game for 5 months.

NES - Super Mario Bros, SNES - Super Mario World, N64 - Super Mario 64, Dreamcast - Soul Caliber, NFL2K, Sonic Adventure (Best. Launch. Ever.), Xbox - Halo.  

For the record, that is your personal opinion about SM64, but history has shown that it was an instant classic.

If a single AAA game is your grounds for a good launch, then you'd also have to include SSX for the PS2 (which to be fair, I also found this one overrated). Pretty sure Sonic Adventure ended up as an AA title aswell.

This isn't about my personal feelings concerning SM64, the entire ethos behind the game was to be some unprecedented 3D experience that PS1/Saturn owners never had, and never will *rolls eyes*, and was the only AAA title the N64 had up until Mario Kart 64, so if you didn't like the game, you were literally fucked for 2 months. Hard a credible argument for scrutinizing Sony's previous launches.

Around the Network

I really loved Wave Race 64 too.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.