By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda A Link Between Worlds: Metascore = 91 [29 Reviews] 8 Perfect Scores

I can't wait to play this game next week! Question is though if I should get ALTTP FIRST and play that one... it's one of those games I've missed and never got around to play. What do you guys think?!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
I can't wait to play this game next week! Question is though if I should get ALTTP FIRST and play that one... it's one of those games I've missed and never got around to play. What do you guys think?!

I would say no, because then you might be kinda burnt out on Zelda after playing through ALTTP.  Additionally the new zelda takes very fue cues from the first one.  I would just get the new one.

O.o destructoid hated it it seems. They have quirky tastes though. :)

Impressive, another AAA game

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
Pavolink said:

I don't. Any Zelda below 92 is trash.

In your defense, Spirits Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are easily the worst (but I still love them) xD.

I want to play Spirit Tracks. :(

Saw a complete walktthrough years ago.

Spirit tracks is the shit! only bad part was the slow start.. but the ending man.. oooooh boy, still gives me chills just watching a youtube clip of it.. so epic :D
one of my favourites.

First impression: a train? rly?
Playing: CHOO CHOO!!! I'M ON A FRIGGIN TRAIN!! :D

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

The game looks quite amazing. I recommend watching the GameXplain review.

3DS game of the year?

biglittlesps said:
osed125 said:

Such an overrated franchise. Nintendo games always get godly scores when they don't deserve it.

because there are no other games like this to compare for reviewers to give low score, so they have choice other than giving these scores due to lack of titles to compare and competition. Nintendo is smart that they won't release same kind of game from a single ip very soon which is needed for reviewers to bash nothing better than before, but if it comes after long time then they think its something fresh.

No, it's because Nintendo is really good at making high quality games with high quality gameplay, but you go ahead and convince yourself what you just said is the truth.

It'll probably make you feel better about K: SF's dissapointing Metacritic.

Nem said:

O.o destructoid hated it it seems. They have quirky tastes though. :)

To be honest, I feel like their criticisms are sometimes really weird and/or dumb.  Example: Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7's score.  If you read the actual review, what you realize about Kid Icarus is that way too many points were docked off for weird reasons.  Mario Kart 7's score was because it was too much like the other games, even though Mario Kart 7 is about just as similar as any of the others are from each other.  This one, the criticism is about the characters and items.  I have no idea what classic (or even new) Zelda game had particularly memorable characters besides Ganondorf, Zelda, Link, and a few from Majora's Mask.  It also seems to be compared too heavily to the reviewer's favorite Zelda games, which is in no way a good thing to do for an official review for a game.

Excellent. Most reviews are 8+, with the token guy who just doesn't "get" it. And angry fans will swarm him even though he probably doesn't deserve it.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I knew it! I need to get myself a 3DS!