By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default looks like the RPG we've all been waiting for

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

50% HP, that would explain a lot. Still, almost had him, until he decided to use his "Fuck you" move, Double Damaging four times in a row and OHKO everyone for over 500. Gonna have to prepare that strategy better.

Town completion is supposed to continue even if you close your 3DS (as long as you don't turn off your game). Still, if the full game does support Friends, then it's gonna be much better indeed.

And yeah, you can't go over 3 BP and - 4 BP, but you can only Brave four times in the same turn, which kinda sucks. If you could go from 3 BP to - 4 BP, even if you had to sacrifice 7 turns, would be sweet (I could probably One Shot the minotaur that way, with 2 fully Buffed Up B. Mages).

I got one of those extra persons for the town. Keeping the system in standby would actually be acceptable, but I don't think I will bother regardless. The play bonuses are nothing to be proud of, beating the last boss netted a broad sword. That's virtually pointless.

That's pretty much next to worthless, thought the play bonuses would be worth it. Still, got to see what the last one will be. Even if for nothing else, it gives good practice for the actual game.

By the way, farming the Chompers on the ruins to the south is a much faster process for Levels and jobs. One turning the 4 Chompers fight nets you 480 pg, 192 exp and 48 jp. Just spam Thundara and they go down before they can run away.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

That's pretty much next to worthless, thought the play bonuses would be worth it. Still, got to see what the last one will be. Even if for nothing else, it gives good practice for the actual game.

By the way, farming the Chompers on the ruins to the south is a much faster process for Levels and jobs. One turning the 4 Chompers fight nets you 480 pg, 192 exp and 48 jp. Just spam Thundara and they go down before they can run away.

It gives practice only in the sense that you know what jobs you should prioritize early on and what you can do with the Brave/Default battle system. I don't think that the content of the demo will be like that in the full game.

Like I said, I have no idea what enemies appear in the ruins. I just knew that the enemies in the forest are a pain in the ass and give you hardly anything. I spent five hours total on the demo to max my level and my jobs. Could be faster, but it wasn't that much of a waste.

How did you max them that fast? Even with the 8 goblin fight, that would have taken you a very long time, especially for jobs, since that fight only gives about 13 JP. Or do you get more EXP and JP on Normal than in Hard?.

Dropped Minotaur in two rounds of both my B.Mages using 4 Brave'd Firas. 600 Damage per Fira and my Knights giving back up damage. It didn't even have a chance to use his fuck you move.
Buff Up + Catch me if you Can with two Knights and Buff Up on two B.Mages is Boss destroying material, even on Hard, since Bravely Default bosses are looking to be more of a battle of who can kill who faster, on par with Etrian Odyssey bosses.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

How did you max them that fast? Even with the 8 goblin fight, that would have taken you a very long time, especially for jobs, since that fight only gives about 13 JP. Or do you get more EXP and JP on Normal than in Hard?.

Dropped Minotaur in two rounds of both my B.Mages using 4 Brave'd Firas. 600 Damage per Fira and my Knights giving back up damage. It didn't even have a chance to use his fuck you move.
Buff Up + Catch me if you Can with two Knights and Buff Up on two B.Mages is Boss destroying material, even on Hard, since Bravely Default bosses are looking to be more of a battle of who can kill who faster, on par with Etrian Odyssey bosses.

The last two bosses have 10, 000 hp on normal.  I ran out of pp before I could kill the dragon with two mages had to abuse bushido for the dragon, still workinh on the last.

TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

The last two bosses have 10, 000 hp on normal.  I ran out of pp before I could kill the dragon with two mages had to abuse bushido for the dragon, still workinh on the last.

You sure Dragon has 10K HP on normal? Because I just fought him on Hard (and died), and he had 10,520 HP. Did you check how much HP the Minotaur had?.

@Rolstopabble - I'll probably do that as well, once I get a bit tired of the Chompers fight.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

You sure Dragon has 10K HP on normal? Because I just fought him on Hard (and died), and he had 10,520 HP. Did you check how much HP the Minotaur had?.

@Rolstopabble - I'll probably do that as well, once I get a bit tired of the Chompers fight.

Dragon is 7500 my bad, once you beat it you can refight the previous bosses.  On normal turtle boss gives 70jp so i used that for some grinding.

Around the Network
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

Dragon is 7500 my bad, once you beat it you can refight the previous bosses.  On normal turtle boss gives 70jp so i used that for some grinding.

I see, i'll try to defeat him so I can try that Turtle boss grinding, seems to be a much faster deal than Chompers. But if Normal Dragon has 7,5K and last boss has 10K on normal, that means that on Hard it'll be near 15K....I don't see how I'll manage to defeat it, not with the current gear that you can have on the demo, unless the town upgrades has much better gear.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

I see, i'll try to defeat him so I can try that Turtle boss grinding, seems to be a much faster deal than Chompers. But if Normal Dragon has 7,5K and last boss has 10K on normal, that means that on Hard it'll be near 15K....I don't see how I'll manage to defeat it, not with the current gear that you can have on the demo, unless the town upgrades has much better gear.

I actually refaught the dragon and it wasn't that bad though I abused buff up this time.  The last boss has some gimmicks that makes it worse, at least for me.  Some people are saying it is easy but maybe their is an easy stratedgy I'm just not seeing.  Personally I like flexibility in an RPG and this game seems to funnel you towards specific counter measures.

TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:
TM25 said:
lestatdark said:

I actually refaught the dragon and it wasn't that bad though I abused buff up this time.  The last boss has some gimmicks that makes it worse, at least for me.  Some people are saying it is easy but maybe their is an easy stratedgy I'm just not seeing.  Personally I like flexibility in an RPG and this game seems to funnel you towards specific counter measures.

Just managed to take down the dragon myself. It's almost impossible to go against these last bosses without Buff UP at least on hard difficulty, because of their hard hitting moves and the lack of a proper gear (probably gonna try to unlock the upgrades in town before I take down the last boss, as I don't see how i'll take down that much HP with the gear that I have now)

Current PC Build

Last boss downed, Mythril equipment + two Ninjas sporting dual-wielding Kunais + Buff Up and Multitask = Insane amount of damage.

Even with just three rounds of Buff (P.Atk at 115%), and after using Ikkikasei, I was averaging 10 hits for 400, twice on the same move (thanks to dual wielding). If Multitask activated I could end up doing >3200 per Ninja, >6400 in the same turn (that's almost half of the last boss total HP on Hard).
Even so, it's Rocket Punches hit for an insane amount of damage, over 550 to a 150% P.Def buffed character (without Angelic Blessing and Damage Disperse) sporting the best gear possible (Lvl. 3 Armor shop on the town) and most of the times it'd use it twice in the same turn.

Had to focus on Survivability for the Ninjas (thankfully Kunais add 20 to evasion each) so my team ended up being two Knights protecting the Ninjas and with W.Mage Lvl. 3 for healing and Ninjas doing the damage.

Also, unlocked the final bonus (full town completion). Like all others, it was crap:

- Bronze Bangle x1
- Phoenix Down x2

Current PC Build

RolStoppable said:
lestatdark said:

Also, unlocked the final bonus (full town completion). Like all others, it was crap:

- Bronze Bangle x1
- Phoenix Down x2

That's good to know (the final play bonus). If I buy the game, I will probably not even bother to transfer the bonuses.

The bonuses will be good if you start the game with just Agnes and don't have access to a shop in the first couple of hours, it'll probably be a life saver on Hard. 

Got to say that i'm not intending to play the game on any lower difficulty. While on Hard it is difficult to progress at the start and bosses are overpowered goliaths with tons of HP, once you do start piling up the jobs and equipments, then it just becomes a matter of strategy. With too many jobs and equip, the game can be easily broken on lower difficulties.

Current PC Build