By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which was the longest RPG you ever played?

Weedlab said:
Skyrim ... my dark elf is 423 hours. High elf is 342 hours and my nord is 121.

Mass Effect 2 would come in at number 2. I played that game quite a bit.

If you consider Soul Sacrifice as one then that too. I was over 200 hours the last time I checked. I might be 400+ (can't remember).

Holy butts that's a lot! Just as a reference, that's roughly 42 days worth of playtime. I might cry just thinking about it...

I don't understand you crazy people saying ME2 though. That game didn't seem like it had enough content to really take all that long. I think I put about 20 hours into it, and I did all the optional side stuff I could find.

Around the Network

Runescape.

A good chunk of the time might have been trying to max out my prayer skill up. I gave up around lvl 75.

DucksUnlimited said:
Weedlab said:
Skyrim ... my dark elf is 423 hours. High elf is 342 hours and my nord is 121.

Mass Effect 2 would come in at number 2. I played that game quite a bit.

If you consider Soul Sacrifice as one then that too. I was over 200 hours the last time I checked. I might be 400+ (can't remember).

Holy butts that's a lot! Just as a reference, that's roughly 42 days worth of playtime. I might cry just thinking about it...

I don't understand you crazy people saying ME2 though. That game didn't seem like it had enough content to really take all that long. I think I put about 20 hours into it, and I did all the optional side stuff I could find.

Yea I hate thinking about time games.  Like POkemon X I'm playing right now and been busy lately so haven't been able to play much since luanch, heck don't even have all 8 badges yet, but when I look at its time it shows 90 hours.

When the hell did I find 90 hours to sit and play pokemon in the time since launch.

That is over 2 freaking weeks of work.  Man if only I got paid for this.  And X is not even close to what I have put in other games, let alone an MMO.  

Imagine if I spent even 1% of the time I do gaming into working out, I would be a freaking Swartzinager.  

btw games like skyrim or mmo's are the devil.  It's too damn easy to start a new character and sink in 100 hours on that character and then start another, rince and repeat.  I probably have 5 guys that have a min of 100 hours in skyrim.  Same for Guild Wars.  I'm sure plenty of other games like Dragon Age ect that could qualify as well.

Everquest, 4 years, daily.

Non mmorpg maybe Oblivion or one of the Might and Magic games. Nowadays I don't have the time anymore for modding and multiple playthroughs

Wizardry 7

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Corey said:
Runescape, like 80 days playing time over several years....

Oh god this. 

Was going to mention the 150 hours on Skyrim (ps3) but I forgot about good ol' runescape. Hundreds upon hundreds, upon yes even more hundreds of hours sprawled across 6 different accounts filled with riches and skills. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Pokémon Platinum, and it's my favorite pokemon game.

New Vegas.. put about 80 hours into it to 100%.

200 hours each into Disgaea DS and The World Ends With You. Honourable mention to Dragon Quest IX, which I think ran into 100+ hours in the post-game.

I put like 110 hrs in kingdom hearts 2, thats all I remember