By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 13/11 Nintendo Direct - wall-of-text summary...

Rogerioandrade said:
People are always arguing and claiming after every ND. If Nintendo focus on Eshop games, they claim it´s lacking the main retail titles. If they focus on the main retail titles they say it´s missing indie and VC Eshop games. If they focus the 3ds they claim about the lack of Wiiu games. If they focus on Wiiu they argue about the lack of future titles for the 3ds. If they announce localizations they claim that the games are not good for western audiences. If they announce a new game they claim about lack of love for the old franchises. If they give a new take on an old franchise they claim that they don´t work on new IPs

Haters gonna hate for the eternity. This is just....... dull.....

Haters think Directs are supposed to all be E3's so they excpet Nintendo to announce everything and show everything they possibly have.

I mean beforehand we were told this was a 3DS direct, so when watching one shoudl expect 0 news about anything but 3DS stuff.  Yet people will bitch that there was no or not enough wii u stuff.  

I'd love to see these guys at work.  Imagine if they got a memo to go to a meeting that was about changes to health insurance at work.  Then after the meeting they go up and bitch at their boss because they didn't talk about the upcoming new project they are working on.  

Around the Network

Liked what I saw from 3D world. Rosalina looks fun, always loved the spin attack from Galaxy, and with the 100s of hours I've put in this game, playing her will feel natural to me since I'm so used of having this move into my arsenal. But she looks slow :S

Liked also what I saw from Zelda, but I don't care much since I'm already sold and saw enough to a point where I can't care about new info for that game anymore.
Unified acct finally, but still no news on cross buy :S Thinking Nintendo is to greedy to implement it. Hope I'm wrong.
Disapointed in the lack of MH4 and pokémon event.
Did'nt care about anything else. Except maybe for Bravely Default that have my attention but nothing more.

Overall pretty week ND with no new announcement. A Nintendo Direct that focussed on 3DS yet the only cool thing I can take off it is a WiiU trailer(SM3DW) and the only serious announcement fell flat due to lack of cross buy.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Rogerioandrade said:
Can anyone make a summary of it, please ?

Off the top of my head (note this is all for North America):

1) First they showed a bunch of new Link Between Worlds footage, talked about some new characters, explained how StreetPass works. You gear up your Link and register him to StreetPass with two weapons. Links will be swapped through StreetPass and you can encounter and battle other peoples' Links as Shadow Links in the overworld -- the number of hearts they have and what items they have equipped will determine your reward for winning, in rupees. They also confirmed the special Zelda 3DS bundled with a digital copy of LBW coming to NA.

2) Bravely Default releasing February 7 and will have a collector's edition with the usual suspects (art book, soundtrack, AR cards), Layton releasing Feb 28.

3) 3DS is getting a firmware update. You will be able to connect your 3DS to your existing Nintendo Network ID if you have one, or create a new one. This will combine your Wii U and 3DS eShop balances if you have both, and it will enable Miiverse access through your 3DS with your NNID.

4) Some new footage of Mario Party Island Tour, and details about Download Play support for it.

5) Lots of new footage of Mario 3D World, and confirmation of Rosalina as an unlockable playable character. I'm not sure why everyone is dancing around this news, as the internet pretty much figured it out several weeks ago.

There were some clips of indie games coming to the eShop (but nothing we haven't seen before as far as I could tell), and details on the next batch of Pikmin 3 DLC. Again, a couple of the new missions will be automatically downloaded for free. And Youtube is getting an update on Wii U and an app on 3DS.

That's the gist of it.

Well, i wanted the Shinen game to be FAST Neo. I also hoped for some DQ7 and MH4 NA/EU news. But overall, i'm content.

When is the miiverse update?

Around the Network
Spilo said:
When is the miiverse update?

December

Spoiler-alarm: !!!

They just keep ratcheting up the hype, don't they?

Just 9 more days...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Hey I was just talking about them getting Youtube onto the 3DS! Nintendo reads VGC confirmed!?

Great day to have overtime work... couldn't keep the OP updated!!
*searches for a summary*

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"