By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is going to win this gen!

Tagged games:

Xbox One will win his gen?

No, you are crazy! 138 30.20%

PS4 for the Win! 211 46.17%

Nah it's the Wii U who will win this gen! 41 8.97%

Definitely the Xbox One! 67 14.66%

Total:457
Colltrain said:
I feel that Sony is slowly starting to revert back to the arrogance of old! You can start to see hints of the smugness that cost them half their audience from Ps2 - Ps3. I am beginning to dislike them again and i hope Microsoft does win this generation (Yep fully aware this is a fan boy post)

I don't see how it's a fanboy post, it's your opinion and everyone has a right to one. 

Around the Network

Nintendo 1st, Microsoft 2nd and Sony 3rd. Thats last gen.

kabamarutr said:
Can someone define the condition of victory and loss? How does a console win? By having more sales? When does the competition start and when does it end?

I'm being sarcastic of course, but given the fact that we have no "rules", we can proclaim no "winners", or "losers". See, the guy above claims that 360 won the gen, as it had topped its predecessor's sales, while PS3 hadn't.

So set the rules now, by which we can see who's winning or losing in the entire 8th gen.

Dont listen to those people. In any spectating event the winner isnt determined by having a better record. We would never say the Colorado Avs won the stanley cup because last year they were a last place team and this year they are in first. They just have to find something to mke themself feel better

Max King of the Wild said:
kabamarutr said:
Can someone define the condition of victory and loss? How does a console win? By having more sales? When does the competition start and when does it end?

I'm being sarcastic of course, but given the fact that we have no "rules", we can proclaim no "winners", or "losers". See, the guy above claims that 360 won the gen, as it had topped its predecessor's sales, while PS3 hadn't.

So set the rules now, by which we can see who's winning or losing in the entire 8th gen.

Dont listen to those people. In any spectating event the winner isnt determined by having a better record. We would never say the Colorado Avs won the stanley cup because last year they were a last place team and this year they are in first. They just have to find something to mke themself feel better

Ι see. But when do we start counting and more importantly, when do we stop? Do we stop when the new gen launches (keep i mind that it never does for all consoles simultaneously)? Or we stop when the console's production stops?

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Nem said:
Anfebious said:
Nem said:

I guess without sound logic arguments and a fairy tale everything is possible.

Dont mean to belittle you, but there is no reason to think so at this point, especially if you take a fairy tale as your basis.

I'm not using the fairy tale as a basis. I am using the moral of the story . The moral is that being arrogant and resting on your laurels aren't going to take you anywhere. Or that you never have to give up no matter the odds. It has  lots of ways to interpret it! I think it was fitting .

It was fitting but Sony already made that mistake with the PS2 to PS3 transition and seem to have learned their lesson. Of course, it doesnt mean they wont get complacent somewhere in the future, but its highly unlikely that it will happen with the PS4.

It also seems to be a bit of an odd choice of story given the circumstances.

Sony is not the one with such an ego they tried to pre-maturely force second hand and online requirement policy on their customers.

Sony is not the one forcing an expensive/spy camera on people despite the extremely negative reception of the original.

Sony is not the one who treated indie developers like crap, therefore threatening to cause the gap in online offerings between them and Sony to increase even more. 

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Nem said:

It was fitting but Sony already made that mistake with the PS2 to PS3 transition and seem to have learned their lesson. Of course, it doesnt mean they wont get complacent somewhere in the future, but its highly unlikely that it will happen with the PS4.

Ture but it could happen. I hope Sony doesn't go back to an arrogant state with the PS4, the arrogant Sony is the worst one .

We have to give Microsoft a chance, from gen to gen they only grew their userbase! Who says this gen isn't going to be the same?

I think you shouldnt be asking me that as i am one of the customers Microsoft lost for next gen. I have plenty of reason to complain about microsoft and think that its gonna be tough for them to surpass the 360 with the One.

Actually thinking about it, Microsoft was the one given as the sure winner of next gen, but got a tad arrogant with their policies, in the same way Sony did with the PS3 at the beggining. If anything i think Microsoft were the ones having a break and beeing left behind.

kabamarutr said:

Ι see. But when do we start counting and more importantly, when do we stop? Do we stop when the new gen launches (keep i mind that it never does for all consoles simultaneously)? Or we stop when the console's production stops?

To be honest there are no set rules. I always heard it's the one that sells the most. But I guess you can set it to whoever you want. If I want to say the Gamecube won last gen then I guess it's true at least for me. It's all in your head, belive the matrix.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

just no!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Max King of the Wild said:
Rychussnik said:

to be fair, Japan is more of a handheld market (i think the ps3 only sold 9mill) so i don't see M$oft really pushing xbox there, but i think the price of the xbox will put people off, especially people outside of NA. I think that the ps4 will build an early lead, and while it won't dominate like the ps2 did, there will be no question which console sold the most 

Name me 4 other countries where the second place system sold 9mil. So should ms ignore every country except US?

i'm not saying that they should ignore Japan or any other country, but i don't see them pushing Xbox too much there, they still don't have a release date for japan yet. 

Me gusta queso 

psn id: rychussnik

I favour PS more but I would like to see Xbox1 to win this gen just to see more angry PS fanboys cry on the net. lol