By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is Over

The Wii this week, only sold 216,157 units.  This obviously means the trend is over.

LoL! Seriously though, what was that guys name, last week, who kept trolling, and saying that the trend in America is over. He said that since it only sold 90,000 units, it must be meeting demand, and that simply meant that the trend must be through, and demand must be met.

Bad part is, some of you were like "Oh, it's the time of year!" When it obviously was just supply constrainment numbers, and not the time of years. Nintendo could and has shipped 216,157 consoles to North America, and they sold 216, 157 consoles in NA, assuming these numbers stand and not a typo or something,(because I could believe they were a typo) then yeah, it's official:

The Trend is Over! Rejoice nintendo haters. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

that's no trend with Wii, ever, it all depends on where Nintendo decides to ship their consoles.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

^yeah, Ninty regulates the sales - not the customers because wherever there are Wiis, that's where they will be bought

@king.

Yep thats pretty much it. Nintendo ships, holds, changes production, does whatever. The Wii is entirely unpredictable because it sells out in Japan, America and large parts of 'Others' thus making the sales entirely up to Nintendo.

Ninty obviously thought the Wii needed a boost in America for some reason.

Wii ises TeH D0o0oOmMeEd....

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

Hold on, I gotta find this dudes name, lol. Brb. Gonna link the old post.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think they are trying to get the console base as large as possible for the launch of Smash.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

^yeah so maybe Smash can break Halo 3's record!

I would have been with you people laughing earlier, but enough is enough now. Everybody knows Wii is going to get huge sales, and I think you like being the underdog in the whole thing.

EVERY week it is "Duhh, Wii fails LAWL!" but nobody thinks that anymore besides like 2 or 3 trolls.

Move on with the times and stop mocking people from 2 years ago.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=16620

Kayanator, I remember now. Looks like he got banned, or I would bump his topic for my laughing pleasure.

NO NO, NO NO NO.