By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Trend is Over

@Aj_habfan

No dude, this guy was on her LAST WEEK talking that crap. Check the link.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

i don't see how detractors have really much to say since the next highest selling console is outsold by a margin of 2:1.

I'd say its a pretty good problem to have if your system is selling faster than you can make them.

The bigger deal this week, to me, is that the 360 re-opened its significant lead on the PS3 in America, after having the PS3 get rather close last week.

We're back to the scenario where the 360 is outselling the PS3 by a sizable margin in Western territories, with the PS3 outselling it overall thanks to Japan.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Aj_habfan said:
I would have been with you people laughing earlier, but enough is enough now. Everybody knows Wii is going to get huge sales, and I think you like being the underdog in the whole thing.

EVERY week it is "Duhh, Wii fails LAWL!" but nobody thinks that anymore besides like 2 or 3 trolls.

Move on with the times and stop mocking people from 2 years ago.

Why the sour grapes? The 360 is doing pretty decent in NA(for now)

Although I do agree... The countless "TeH WiI iz tHWE FADZ!!" sarcasm post were only humourous the first 45,403,300 times...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Wii

Last week WW = 341,442
This week w/o japan = 344,234

yep. its a fad.

Around the Network

the whole argument of it being a fad is nonsense.
If there is a fad, and for arguments sake thats say there is, then the fad is the amazing sales of the wii- not the wii itself.

So if the "fad" does ever let out say 2 years from now, the sales will likely level off to current PS3/360 sales. But I don't see even that happening.

I have a gamecube that is on the fritz, so I will be getting a wii in a while.
All kids who play video games under the age of 13, would primarily want a wii.

and it has been proven that the demographic is just simply broader than the other consoles, at least right now it is.

One way of thinking would show that the wii is really the only true video game console out there right now, (at least it holds true to people's pre-determined opinions of what consoles have been in the past)

I still think the PS3/360 are attempting a lot for the average consumer will jump on board with. Given more time, we will see if they ever become a fad- like the wii.

but this is not news or anything, I just felt like showing my opinion of the matter as it currently stands.
I am sorry for wasting your time, as others have posted similar things many times in the past.

Seems like there was a sizable jump in the 360 hardware this week. I am betting, for simplifying predictions, ioi just extrapolated the percentage of difference between the 360/PS3 last week- to this week.

it would be funny if he thought to still have the 360 have a 10k advantage over the PS3 after europe and NA combined just like last week, regardless of this weeks PS3 sales.

the PS3 sales went up, so in order to keep up with the 10k advantage , he had to show the 360 sell a whopping 90,000.

But we know this is not how ioi operates, it was just a thought.

I think the numbers will come down for the 360, and probably the PS3 as well, in NA.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

superchunk said:
Wii

Last week WW = 341,442
This week w/o japan = 344,234

yep. its a fad.

Ninty must have stopped or slowed down on stockpiling last week

@ Soriku

Oh, I never said that sales would dry up once supplies came out, I said that in order to get an actuality on what it's lifetime sales would be, I said that I'd hold up judgment until supply is up. But I do believe that it will continue to sell when supply comes in. But how long, and how much, is what I'm still waiting for supply for. Hope that clears things up.

Does it really matter how much they sell each week, we already know how much they make each month and they will continue to sell 75% to 95% of 1.8mil wii's each month.

wiiforever said:
^yeah, Ninty regulates the sales - not the customers because wherever there are Wiis, that's where they will be bought

quote of the day

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989