By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your Top 50 Games: 2013 Discussion Thread (The Final Day!)

F0X said:
Conegamer said:

An easier clue for 49. Spandesu Ballet had a huge hit with the subtitle if this entry.

I like this clue. It made me do 30 seconds of research.

I'm going to assume that "Gold" is the subtitle, and my final guess is Killer Instinct Gold. It was the first game that come to mind.

After all that research, you got the right word but the wrong game :/

I should know your game. It seems totally familiar...but I'm just not getting it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
F0X said:
Conegamer said:

An easier clue for 49. Spandesu Ballet had a huge hit with the subtitle if this entry.

I like this clue. It made me do 30 seconds of research.

I'm going to assume that "Gold" is the subtitle, and my final guess is Killer Instinct Gold. It was the first game that come to mind.

After all that research, you got the right word but the wrong game :/

I should know your game. It seems totally familiar...but I'm just not getting it.

I also considered Pokemon Gold, but to be technical, it's Pokemon Gold Version. :/

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Mr Khan said:
Scoobes said:
I'm going to bed unfortunately, but before I do I'll give a second clue:

Flesh eating dogs.

Resident Evil 3?

Nope, good guess though. The dog part isn't necessarily in game.

Scoobes said:
I'm going to bed unfortunately, but before I do I'll give a second clue:

Flesh eating dogs.

Parasite Eve?

50) Bastion (PC / 86 / 2011)

This game really was slow to start, so though I condemn my initial impatience with the game, I can understand why I had it. But it really did open up, with all of the new weapons and potions and abilities. The characters, soundtrack and especially the narrator were all excellent.

Hint for #49: The true story of the horrors of the religious wars of the Middle Ages. Or so the name would suggest. Note that this is the name of the expansion, and the main game will be the one going on the list.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I've changed my approach to this list compared to last year a bit.

Most games will still be there, and I can tell you now that my top 10 hasn't changed, but my list will actually be a top 45, with the #45-50 games being games that I don't necessarily think are among the best ones, but did make a crucial impact on my start as a gamer.

That is why you will not find my #50 in anyone's list. Likely. That's because today, it's a silly game, and not very good anymore because it's stupidly simple. However, without this game, I wouldn't be gaming today. It wasn't the first game I ever played (though, maybe it was), but it did introduce me to consoles.

#50: This old game, is from way before my time. It arrived on the successor of the very first home console and it was inspired by the most popular movie-genre in the '60s and '70s. It actually made for an intense multiplayer experience, because bullets could bounce off trees!

I don't think anyone would guess this though, but don't beat yourself over it . I'll post it in a couple of hours (it's actually already a bit late for the hint).

Just gonna list games as they come to my mind that I remember having fun with, for today 50 is pokemon puzzle league. by the end of it all, it could be higher or off the list completely.........

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

S.Peelman said:
I've changed my approach to this list compared to last year a bit.

Most games will still be there, and I can tell you now that my top 10 hasn't changed, but my list will actually be a top 45, with the #45-50 games being games that I don't necessarily think are among the best ones, but did make a crucial impact on my start as a gamer.

That is why you will not find my #50 in anyone's list. Likely. That's because today, it's a silly game, and not very good anymore because it's stupidly simple. However, without this game, I wouldn't be gaming today. It wasn't the first game I ever played (though, maybe it was), but it did introduce me to consoles.

#50: This old game, is from way before my time. It arrived on the successor of the very first home console and it was inspired by the most popular movie-genre in the '60s and '70s. It actually made for an intense multiplayer experience, because bullets could bounce off trees!

I don't think anyone would guess this though, but don't beat yourself over it . I'll post it in a couple of hours (it's actually already a bit late for the hint).

I had to do a lot of research to track this game down. I won't say what it is in case someone wants to guess.

It looks pretty good, though! I could see getting addicted to multiplayer sessions.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:
(..)

I had to do a lot of research to track this game down. I won't say what it is in case someone wants to guess.

It looks pretty good, though! I could see getting addicted to multiplayer sessions.

You sure you know which game I'm talking about? I mean, it's indeed possible to know after some research, but if you guessed it... I'd have to give you major cookies !

F0X was right!

#50: Portal 2 (PC)

The first game was very good while it lasted but it was over too quickly. Portal 2 brought back the original game's unique gameplay and improved on it with interesting additions like the different gels, light bridges, tractor beams and co-op play. It is also considerably longer and features extraordinary new characters like Wheatley, the fast-talking moronic robot and Cave Johnson, the former head of Aperture Science who has very unique views on life and science. The writing is really funny throughout and really enhances the experience as you try to solve the puzzles before you.

Signature goes here!