By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Chart: COD Ghosts Sold More Copies on PS4 (~24k) than Wii U

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

Guys.... this sales are from last week... PS4 releases only late November in UK.

This is absolutely AMAZING.

Almost 1 month before the release and a PS4 game is the 7th best seeling game.

Hush now. We have Nintendo bashing to do.

Ahem... I'd would call an ambulance, but with the WiiUWiiUWiiU, it sounds like it's already here!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

From Chart-track.

"The PS4 version performs spectacularly well for a game that consumers will not be able to actually play for another 3 weeks, managing to outsell the PS3 versions of ‘Assassin’s Creed IV’ and ‘Battlefield 4’. Beaten to No1 by ‘Assassin’s Creed IV’ (-63%) last week, ‘Battlefield 4’ ( -54%) holds on to No2, outselling the popular Ubisoft title by 6,000 units across their first two weeks of launch."

Impressive. 

GAF estimates ~24k units sold to PS4 version... three weeks before the launch.

Guys this week we will have the first PS4 game on VGC sales

ethomaz said:
GAF estimates ~24k units sold to PS4 version... three weeks before the launch.

That's probably majority from preorders so sales from the first week after 29.11 will definitely be lower by those 24k than they would be if the street date was the case, still really good.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wait so its only 24k? That is still impressive.

morenoingrato said:
In other news, that's really crappy for the new Layton game.

Do we have any numbers for it?  I mean, it's down on the last Layton in position, but without any actual figures for it we won't know how much it underperformed by; if anything.  #13 in this week's chart might be better than #7 or whatever it was when the last Layton showed up.

ethomaz said:

Guys.... this sales are from last week... PS4 releases only late November in UK.

This is absolutely AMAZING.

Almost 1 month before the release and a PS4 game is the 7th best seeling game.

It doesn't make any different retailers send out cod games to ps4 owners so it won't make any different at launch date because most people got their cod game 

eFKac said:

That's probably majority from preorders so sales from the first week after 29.11 will definitely be lower by those 24k than they would be if the street date was the case, still really good.

I think preorders games are shipped with the console... these sales are more for guys that have only the console preordered and are buying games for it.

CoD audience is not on Nintendo consoles anyway..... never was, never will be

I assume that 24k are just for preorders, right? That seems great, but I really expected more