By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - George Lucas brings new "Star Wars" to theaters

Hope it's better than the last 3 piles of Star Wars crap he released.

Around the Network
quarashi said:
I remember the other clone wars series that was on Cartoon Network a couple years back. It was pretty good so if this is anything like it right one!

I would like CGI better to , but the animations where so cool :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I don't think Genndy Tartakovsky is involved with this at all, which is a shame.

For those who don't know, Genndy was the director of the original Clone Wars series as well as Samurai Jack and Dexter's Lab. He also contributed heavily to the Powerpuff Girls.

Oh...I forgot this was CGI. I saw the trailer and thought it looked like shit.

It was stealing Genndy's cartoon style and throwing it onto a CG animation. It doesn't make sense to me...why the stylization if it's CG? Why are the ships realistic as possible with CGI but not the characters?

Weird.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ANIMATED!?!?!?!

count me out.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Source

"I felt there were a lot more 'Star Wars' stories left to tell," Lucas said in a statement.  

Translation: I want more money...

And the fans cry of emotion.... (Yeap I'm one of them, but only if is a good product...)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I know the last 3 kinda sucked but I would love 3 more Star Wars movies.

I enjoyed the new trilogy. Sure it had a few rough spots, but so did the originals(if you can wade your way through the nostalgia to see it)and every film ever made. Though my favorite SW film can vary day-to-day, I often feel Episode I is my favorite.

I'm excited about this new project too. Sure, I'd rather it be a continuation of the trilogies, but I'm open what animation can bring to the table.

And for those saying GL is just "milking", do you actually think he needs to milk anything for money? He's just a guy that's passionate about his creation, and obviously still enjoys exploring the SW universe. If he wanted to actually milk SW, all he'd have to do is sign on the dotted line and hundreds of film makers would be willing to do this. His involvement in these projects makes it pretty clear that he's doing it because it's something he wants to do. And besides, it's his baby and he could milk it if he wanted to. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

^Uwe Boll is passionate about his filmmaking as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Didn't they already do this a couple of years back?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)