By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Put All Vgchartz Citations Here. Thank You.

wiiforever said:
Lightning08 said:

Sony use Vgchartz? LOL.

And a user on GAF today received a 2 week ban for quoting Vgchartz numbers. I lol'd.

ROFL - we're enemies with them

Who's "we're"? NeoGAF is my favorite site for game talking... so don't bracket me with that and I know NeoGAF & Vgchartz don't quite see eye to eye. I've quite a bit about ioi from the people on GAF.

Around the Network

This is not very big, but the Swedish games magazine Super PLAY used VGChartz as a source to confirm that the Wii had passed the 360 in WW sales.

The times had a graph comparing sales of consoles over 2007 using VG chartz data. It was a few months ago, and I cant find anything about it on their website

Washington Post. Nintendo Power

Time Magazine PSM

Around the Network
El Duderino said:
The Süddeutsche Zeitung mentioned us a while back (its a very big ((and respected)) german newspaper).

Wow, that is big. Its comparable to Washington Post quoting VGC in US, with FAZ being NY Times. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

both PSP and PS3 fanboy dot com, and Joystiq

http://www.infendo.com/wii/carnival-games-goes-platinum/

Yes G4 did use VGchartz it's actually how I found the site, I was wondering where I could find sales data for a long time as soon as I saw that I googled the site. So yeah VGC is getting some good publicity.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=182426

Wii sales surpass GameCube's lifetime sales?
Thursday 14-Feb-2008 3:17 PM Maths hats on for some strong stat action
It's official. Well, almost. The Wii has overtaken the worldwide lifetime styles of the GameCube in the thirteen months since its release.

Now for our legendary E in A Level mathematics to finally prove its worth. On February 9, the Wii had sold 21,490 million consoles, while its predecessor had sold a mere 21,515 million units.

Based on the amount of Wii's sold last week, the console is currently selling 64,000 units per day.

Pop all that information in a mathematics machine and you get a figure of 21,554 million Wii's sold by the closing of business on February 10. Wowsers.

To put this in perspective, 61 million NES units, 49 million SNES units and 33 million N64 units are currently floating around the world in various states of despair.

Nintendo shouldn't be breaking out the champagne yet, though. The next milestone for them makes the GameCube lifetime sales loose change by comparison - last October, Sony reported that the PS2 lifetime worldwide sales had surpassed 120 million. There's a long way to go, yet.

[Source: VG Chartz]