By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 9 Nov 2013

eFKac said:
Zero999 said:

and if the ps4 version released 3 weeks from now, sales would be similar.

in other words: irrelevant post from you.

How come? So you say that from now on, for the next 3 weeks no CoD Ghosts will be sold on the PS4? If so you are wrong (as usual). If no then sales in 3 weeks time would combine all sales from the next 3 weeks and how be even higher than now obviously, so you're also wrong (as usual).

in other words: another illogical post from you.

THESE ARE PREORDERED UNITS, numbers wouldn't be much  different if released together with ps4. mentioning the unreleased state of the ps4 is a stupid fallacy to downplay wii u, since these are just preordered copies that shipped before the console. it's not like the ps4 is only releasing months from now.

Around the Network

Terrible for the Wii U, beyond terrible I'd say. Bundles seem to be having an insignificant effect overall. NSMBU and NSLU both entered the chart at the bottom, and the entry level seems quite low. Nintendo's gambling on this Holiday to overblow everyone's expectations and skyrocketing sales on behalf of Mario is failing pretty hard.

I'm ashamed to see such low numbers for anything Wii U. Seriously, I think it's time for Nintendo to admit this console is a huge failure and move one. Support will never come with numbers like this. It will be a very tough end of year for Nintendo and their shareholders.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Zero999 said:

you still didn't counter argumented, the amount it sells on other consoles is irrelevant.

you also lowly try to intensify your "point" by mentioning the 0 installed base, as if it would make a difference if it released now or later on ps4.

this is the ps4 game that will be number 1 in sales for a good while, there is just no point in using it as an argument when we all knew it would sell better than the wii u version.

So you're sticking with this idea that the PS4 version of Ghosts will sell zero copies over the next three weeks?  Though if that is true, how would it be number 1 in sales for a good while?  Killzone doesn't seem to come out until release day, I assume it can sell at least one unit.

Now on the other hand, if you admit that Ghosts will continue to sell units, then surely it would have made a difference if it released the same day as the PS4.

Despite you saying "we all knew it", I rather doubt you would have agreed if someone said the Wii U version of Ghosts wouldn't make it into the top 40, sell around the same or less as BOII Wii U did at launch, and would sell less than a tenth of the PS4 version before the console is even released.

Yakuzaice said:
Zero999 said:

you still didn't counter argumented, the amount it sells on other consoles is irrelevant.

you also lowly try to intensify your "point" by mentioning the 0 installed base, as if it would make a difference if it released now or later on ps4.

this is the ps4 game that will be number 1 in sales for a good while, there is just no point in using it as an argument when we all knew it would sell better than the wii u version.

So you're sticking with this idea that the PS4 version of Ghosts will sell zero copies over the next three weeks?  Though if that is true, how would it be number 1 in sales for a good while?  Killzone doesn't seem to come out until release day, I assume it can sell at least one unit.

Now on the other hand, if you admit that Ghosts will continue to sell units, then surely it would have made a difference if it released the same day as the PS4.

Despite you saying "we all knew it", I rather doubt you would have agreed if someone said the Wii U version of Ghosts wouldn't make it into the top 40, sell around the same or less as BOII Wii U did at launch, and would sell less than a tenth of the PS4 version before the console is even released.

IT WILL BE THE GAME WITH HIGHER LIFETIME SALES ON PS4 FOR A WHILE. WAS I CLEAR NOW?

after this week,I can't see it selling relevant numbers untill ps4 releases.

Zero999 said:

IT WILL BE THE GAME WITH HIGHER LIFETIME SALES ON PS4 FOR A WHILE. WAS I CLEAR NOW?

So then you agree that Ghosts would have sold more at the PS4 launch.

Around the Network
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
WiiU doesn't exactly have the user base of an 1 year old platform so no its not surprising. It will probably be the PS4s highest selling game on top of that. I'll rather put 3D World against whatever on PS4, I'm sure I know which would win.

Which is... PS4 apparently, since WiiU doesn't have the user base of an 1 year old platform.

I think you miss understood. I was saying even though the WiiU has been out for a year, its userbase surely doesnt show it. Thats why its not that surprising. We are comparing the PS4s highest selling game to... well not so much on WiiU. 3D World would be more fair Im sure you dont want that comparison. 3D World vs. Ghosts PS4.

Those CoD U sales are totally worth it, only for the fact that I got to say Wonderful 101 > Call of Duty.

phenom08 said:
pezus said:
phenom08 said:
WiiU doesn't exactly have the user base of an 1 year old platform so no its not surprising. It will probably be the PS4s highest selling game on top of that. I'll rather put 3D World against whatever on PS4, I'm sure I know which would win.

Which is... PS4 apparently, since WiiU doesn't have the user base of an 1 year old platform.

I think you miss understood. I was saying even though the WiiU has been out for a year, its userbase surely doesnt show it. Thats why its not that surprising. We are comparing the PS4s highest selling game to... well not so much on WiiU. 3D World would be more fair Im sure you dont want that comparison. 3D World vs. Ghosts PS4.

When does 3D World release?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Yakuzaice said:
Zero999 said:

So then you agree that Ghosts would have sold more at the PS4 launch.

NO, the increase wouldn't be relevant

trestres said:
Terrible for the Wii U, beyond terrible I'd say. Bundles seem to be having an insignificant effect overall. NSMBU and NSLU both entered the chart at the bottom, and the entry level seems quite low. Nintendo's gambling on this Holiday to overblow everyone's expectations and skyrocketing sales on behalf of Mario is failing pretty hard.

I'm ashamed to see such low numbers for anything Wii U. Seriously, I think it's time for Nintendo to admit this console is a huge failure and move one. Support will never come with numbers like this. It will be a very tough end of year for Nintendo and their shareholders.

Did WiiU piss in your cereal or something? Mario has failed WiiU this holiday lol? 3D World hasnt even hit and yet again you dont mention it. But keep it up i enjoy the daily whining you do.