By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: First Week Sales of Super Mario 3D World in Japan?

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
fabinou said:
Considering that Mario galaxy sold 260k first week with an install base of 3,7 millions of Wiis, I would say that SM3D will sold not more than 150k first week.
With a boost of 30 or 40k for the console

Install base sometimes dont matter, GCN had a small userbase but launched SM Sunshine with over 320k! (Wii>>>GCN)

I predict flat 200k.

I mean... come on.. at least 1/5 of the Japanese WiiU-owners bought the console because of the release of this game...
200k would seem legit!

175K easy.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

300k with great legs..unless it turns out to be like NSMB 2..

Around the Network

Super Mario 3D World should easily sell between 180k-200k. Shipments could vary between 450-500k.

Mario are all about the legs and constant sales at an MSRP of 59.99$. Hopefully by year-end it will have sold over 400k and more so, if hardware numbers are maintained at a 25k threshold or above during the holiday period in Japan.

tbone51 said:
fabinou said:
Considering that Mario galaxy sold 260k first week with an install base of 3,7 millions of Wiis, I would say that SM3D will sold not more than 150k first week.
With a boost of 30 or 40k for the console

Install base sometimes dont matter, GCN had a small userbase but launched SM Sunshine with over 320k! (Wii>>>GCN)

So, now ?

It's even worst than we all thought. Except for Agentzorn (who said 100k).

Mario is a dead license on home console in japan.

And Home console market is also dead in japon (since the end of the PS2).There's no way the PS4 is gonna change this fact.

What a sad thread.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

210 k