By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2

It's a great album. I'm a little tired of the female chorus'. Every rap song seems to be that way these days, with hardcore rap verses than a very poppy/dancey chorus sung by some female artist. A little overdone I think. But its a fantastic listen, and yes, his best work in a long time.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
I've really only heard Berserk and it was pretty bad...way too many samples, way too cluttered and badly composed but the lyrics weren't terrible

That was the point of the song.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

pretty good but not his best. honestly, i liked recovery better. too many resampling of his old work, recovery was as least original. but i still like it.

Classic. LOVE it.

Bad Guy, Legacy, Brainless, Headlights & Evil Twin are my favorites. But I really like them all. (Well, except for Survival)

bigjon said:
sundin13 said:
I've really only heard Berserk and it was pretty bad...way too many samples, way too cluttered and badly composed but the lyrics weren't terrible

That was the point of the song.

yeah, I know...that doesn't stop it from being kinda bad. I've heard people say that that song was supposed to be a tribute to MCA of the Beastie Boys (hence the Beastie Boys sample and style (sorta)) but i think rick rubin forgot what the Beastie Boys sounded like because that song is just not it from any angle. Feel free to defend the song, opinions are opinions, but just because you "succeed" at doing what you tried to do, doesn't mean its "good"

Around the Network
PDF said:
I really liked it. I thought Rap God was amazing.

I know there is an offical video for this now but there is an awesome Typography video which really emphasises just how fast he is raping in this song, should check it out mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JIfIdPnSas

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

His flow isn't as good or smooth as it was up until the Eminem Show. That's my only gripe.

I dont understand why he didnt get Dr Dre on the production side, cause Dre is legendary when it comes to production.