By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Closer look at the Xbox One from a user who got the console early

It sounds like almost everything is working just fine...including snap. So much for it being a mess at launch (which makes me a happy camper!).

I like how you'll be able to see how many people are playing games/apps at any given time. I wonder if you'll be able to see an aggregate of all unique Xbox Live users who've played a game? That would be a great way to see roughly how much a game has sold total.

I'm so hyped! 13 more days! ^_^

Around the Network

The UI is gorgeous. I love the flat design.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Everything looks nice so far. The only complaint is the power brick, did Microsoft really need to add such a massive inconvenience?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Weird, Microsoft doesnt want him to show xbox live, suspicious...

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Max King of the Wild said:
Colltrain said:
Major Nelson is on the case and is already sorting it out.

They cant just flip a switch and unban him

Why would it be any harder to unban him than it was to ban him?

Around the Network

There's been a new developement;

Banned Early Xbox One Owner Reaches Agreement with Microsoft, Will Tell More When Cleared to Do So

by Giuseppe Nelva Nov 9th 2013 5:48PM 4 

Yesterday Twitter user Moonlightswami made the headlines for getting an Xbox One early due to a delivery mishap by Target. He revealed all sorts of details and pictures on the console, but he was temporarily banned after a few hours. Today he had a chat with Microsoft’s Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb and apparently everything’s gonna be ok.

Alright, I talked to @majornelson and all is being resolved. He has invited me to the launch event. Details on it are classified.

I won’t be tweeting much about the xbox one until I get cleared to do so, but all is resolved thanks to @majornelson.

The console ban also will be lifted prior to launch. I can’t really say much more, but it is all good. Thank you all for the support!!!

Had about a 30 minute conversation with @majornelson everything is going well, and will be resolved. When I get cleared to talk more about the system I will.

Moonlightswami also mentioned that he’s available for interviews even if there isn’t much he can say, that he was not threatened, and that he agreed to some sort of NDA.

He finally explained the reasoning behind the agreement and specified that Microsoft has been very gracious in its effort to remedy the situation.

Reasoning for not being able to disclose more is some things have not been announced/not fully ready. All i can say.

Microsoft has been very gracious in their effort to remedy the situation since they recognize I was not at fault in this.

All’s well that ends well. We got a lot of info to sate our curiosity, Moonlightswami will get his console back soon, and probably quite a bit more than that, and Microsoft got a marketing pitch that was quite a lot better than what most of its executives with decades of experience did so far. Everyone wins.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11/09/early-xbox-one-owner-reaches-agreement-with-microsoft-will-tell-more-when-cleared-to-do-so/

Shipping mistake or free viral marketing? How many were mistakenly shipped early.
And PS4 responds with a 'family connection'. Got to keep building the hype.

Good to see this works out good for him. Wish I had gotten one early to get the great deal he probably got from M$!

It is near the end of the end....

What?! 39 GB for Ghosts? Talk about wasting bandwidth and HDD space...

On topic; I'm not sure I like the UI that much, same goes for the PS3, the whole Windows 8 feel is not my cup of tea. Then again, the UI for the 360 and the PS3 weren't fantastic either.
There are bound to be improvements through future firmware updates though.

What I do like is the connectivity of the One, seems like it has a lot of good stuff integrated, I use my consoles for Netflix and similar services so that's a fairly important aspect for me.