By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS 10 Week Sales Countdown 2012 vs 2013! Week 6 Up [3.19mil vs 4.05mil] *2013 Winning

Kaizar said:
Mummelmann said:
I'm thinking this is the 3DS' peak year, I still don't understand how so many people can think it'll outsell the DS. There's just no way.

You forgot about all the full 3D movies coming to the 3DS & 3DS XL, and that the 3DS is no-glasses 3D.

2014 3D Movies:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173039

Plus all the PSP gamers moving to the 3DS, which is why the PS Vita sells are so low.

And the system being the only way to game great Nintendo 3DS 1st & 3rd party exclusives for the next 5 years, plus a $129 price for the 3DS and $149 price for the 3DS XL in 2014, plus the $99 for the 3DS price in 2015. By Q4 2018 the 3DS will be price at $49.

My personal opinion is that 3d movies mean literally nothing coming to the 3ds, and i dont see why people would buy a gaming device to watch movies, especially when its on such a small screen. However i hope you are right as i would love to see 3ds sales get even higher!

Around the Network
acdcste said:
Kaizar said:
Mummelmann said:
I'm thinking this is the 3DS' peak year, I still don't understand how so many people can think it'll outsell the DS. There's just no way.

You forgot about all the full 3D movies coming to the 3DS & 3DS XL, and that the 3DS is no-glasses 3D.

2014 3D Movies:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173039

Plus all the PSP gamers moving to the 3DS, which is why the PS Vita sells are so low.

And the system being the only way to game great Nintendo 3DS 1st & 3rd party exclusives for the next 5 years, plus a $129 price for the 3DS and $149 price for the 3DS XL in 2014, plus the $99 for the 3DS price in 2015. By Q4 2018 the 3DS will be price at $49.

My personal opinion is that 3d movies mean literally nothing coming to the 3ds, and i dont see why people would buy a gaming device to watch movies, especially when its on such a small screen. However i hope you are right as i would love to see 3ds sales get even higher!

People said they would only watch Netflix on their small 3DS if it were to get 3D streaming movies. 1 year later the 3DS XL was released.
Just imagine when the 3DS gets an Update for such Apps as Netflix to stream the current 3D streaming library.

Plus people hate wearing 3D Glasses which also helps the 3DS a lot since they can now watch 3D without wearing what they call stupid glasses, to enjoy the 3D.

All the figures will need adjusting tbone. The first four weeks are now 410k, 430k, 493k, and 578k, which means its well up on last year and thats including a black friday against no black friday!

TBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE THIS FUCKER!

We demand updates!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Really good, though it's still far behind DS despite releasing "big" games that apparently some thought would bring parity among both 3DS and DS.

forethought14 said:
Really good, though it's still far behind DS despite releasing "big" games that apparently some thought would bring parity among both 3DS and DS.

Who has said that? Its going to be nowhere near the ds. Just like vita wont be like psp, like wii u wont be like wii. Seeing the trend?

Plus this is not the thread to be debating 3ds for ds, read the op.

⇒MAJOR UPDATE: 2013 NUMBERS ADJUSTED!!! Week 4 the total sales were 2012= 1.73mil vs 2013= 1.95mil!!! Ironically 2012 had BF numbers where 2013 has it week 5!

⇒BF numbers for 2012 week is 643k vs 2013 BF numbers are 1.29mil (Doubled!)

acdcste said:
All the figures will need adjusting tbone. The first four weeks are now 410k, 430k, 493k, and 578k, which means its well up on last year and thats including a black friday against no black friday!

Thanks OP updated