By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu: Japan's Top 100 Selling Games of the 21st Century

I'll finish this later, but have an appointment to keep. I'll be back with data!

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Worse than the West when it comes to variety.

brendude13 said:

Well, Japan has often been seen as a sign of what's to come with the Western gaming industry. Make of that what you will.

Or are you just annoyed by the severe lack of Metal Gear Solid titles?

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
brendude13 said:

Well, Japan has often been seen as a sign of what's to come with the Western gaming industry. Make of that what you will.

Or are you just annoyed by the severe lack of Metal Gear Solid titles?

I sure hope not, it's bad enough as it is.

...and yes, majorly butthurt right now, Snake deserves better.

Looks like Final Fantasy XIII is undertracked by 30,000.

Around the Network
Zax said:
Looks like Final Fantasy XIII is undertracked by 30,000.

YEAAAH!

Get in here Boutros!

pretty disillusioning list to me, as I personally am more excited for new IPs than the 3rd,4th,.. entry to a franchise, even if I enjoyed/loved the first ones

in the end people prefer to buy what's familiar to them

They counted Pokemon separately from Nintendo? Add them together and that's 53 out of the 100 games.

Also, by VGChartz estimates, Pokemon X/Y would already be up to #24 on this list, bumping off Super Mario All-Stars.

Actually, forget that. Famitsu's latest numbers put X/Y over 3 million, at spot #20 on their list, taking the spot from FireRed/LeafGreen.

I added the chart so you don't have to go to the link now!

Love and tolerate.

brendude13 said:

I wouldn't say that.  Top 100 for the West would be sports games, 1st and 3rd person shooters, Mario, and GTA.