By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Useless without day 1 patch...

What is your opinion of day one patches for consoles and games?

they suck 73 38.83%

they are a necessary evil 54 28.72%

they rock!! 9 4.79%

i don't give a **** 52 27.66%

Total:188
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
kitler53 said:

if that's an issue for you,.. you probably don't need to wait for the slim. 

Money is an issue. I was planning on purchasing a console by 2015, so might as well wait for the Slim version xD

I thought, first-day update was an issue to you ;)

It is, really, but just a minor annoyance, since I have a good internet connection. This only pushes me more into choosing the Slim version (if it releases on 2015 or 2016), given the fact that I'd prefer to purchase a console that don't require first-day patch, but has everything included by the go.

Around the Network
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
kitler53 said:

if that's an issue for you,.. you probably don't need to wait for the slim. 

Money is an issue. I was planning on purchasing a console by 2015, so might as well wait for the Slim version xD

I thought, first-day update was an issue to you ;)

It is, really, but just a minor annoyance, since I have a good internet connection. This only pushes me more into choosing the Slim version (if it releases on 2015 or 2016), given the fact that I'd prefer to purchase a console that don't require first-day patch, but has everything included by the go.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not an early adopter, so I will make the leap in one or two years. When such time has passed, I'll check each console's library and exclusives and monitor any potential issues, before finally choosing. Prices will have also dropped :P

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

kabamarutr said:
Wright said:

I couldn't agree more. I'm not an early adopter, so I will make the leap in one or two years. When such time has passed, I'll check each console's library and exclusives and monitor any potential issues, before finally choosing. Prices will have also dropped :P

As I said, money is the real issue here!

Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:

I agree once more! Money is always the issue.

kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:

Money is both the issue and the solution! So we're kinda screwed, though :P

Around the Network
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:
Wright said:
kabamarutr said:

Money is both the issue and the solution! So we're kinda screwed, though :P

A vicious circle :P

BMaker11 said:
Chris Hu said:
Xenostar said:
Chris Hu said:

Great for it, that still doesn't disprove my point that if you are able to spend $500+ you shouldn't have crappy internet.

Some people just live in crappy internet areas, money has nothing to do with it. Rich people can live out in the country as well you know, being well off doesnt improve local telephone infrastructure.

If you are rich you are able to afford the more pricey option to improve you conection by going with satellite providers.  Or they can create a hotspot through their cell phone which probably has the best and fasted plan available.

Dude, I'm not by any means rich, but gaming is a hobby I can support on my own (I'm single, live with a roommate, make about 40k a year). But my internet connection was 768kbps in my last place I lived only a few months ago. For my particular section of that neighborhood, that's as fast as AT&T offered and Comcast isn't that area at all (not that I would ever go with them, let alone go with them so I can play Xbox). I have an iPhone 4s because I'm locked into a contract until next November so using Sprint's 3G as a hotspot isn't a solution (the 4s isn't a 4G phone).

I'm not the only person in this kind of situation. So understand the fact that just because people can save money (yea, saving money. Kinda blows your whole "if you have $500 to spend on an Xbox, you should have good internet" statement out of the water. I'm about to drop $1500 on a trip to Europe, doesn't mean I can afford a Benz. It means I can save money for a 1-time purchase) or some homes have more than one income doesn't mean they are rich and should spend the excess amounts of money in order to accomodate an Xbox. You shouldn't have to just toss money everywhere in order play video games. It's pathetic to try and shift the burden away from the manufacturer and onto the consumer. You should be putting the blame on the source of the problem (Microsoft with their shitty DRM having to be reversed) instead of the customer.

I mean, really, who in their right mind says "well, if you want to play Xbox, you should jump through any and all hoops to do it. Even buy expensive satellite internet (a monthly bill, btw) in order to JUST PLAY GAMES THAT YOU OWN".

very well put, when the PS3 dropped I was in highschool with no job...it took me 6 month of saving(allowance and odd jobs) + birthday money to get my PS3($500 at the time) and I didn't even have intenert connection at the time and enjoyed it for about 1 and a half before I was lucky enough to get internet

took me two months only to get the PS4(along with some games) thanks to a surge of odd jobs during the summer; people buying these consoles see it as a long term investment; $400-$500 every 5-7+ years seems like good investment....just because I'm able to purchase these items doesn't mean I have $400-$500 to spend whenever I want.

cbarroso09 said:
radishhead said:
Isn't that basically what the WiiU had?

no, no. Why people don't do their research. You were able to play any game you want from the get-go on the Wii U. The problem was if you wanted to access the internet browser or any internet based app like Miiverse and other. If you have internet you are going to get that update, but if you don't that doesn't matter when still can play any Wii and Wii U game you wanted. 

You could only play Wii U games. You needed the day one patch to play Wii games or do anything but play Wii U games. So I had to patch my WiiU Day one and it took forever.

It didn't bother me too much since my PS3 and 360 require patches pretty often. It has just become apart of modern consoles.

Guys dont worry, if you dont have internet MS has a solution for you. Its called the 360

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Spam replaced by Alleyne