By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4

Landguy said:
jamesmarkus87 said:

For a short while now, I've had this theory that Sony will be the only remaining console brand by 2016. And the more bad news I hear about Xbox One's hardware and software, the more I'm convinced that my theory is correct.

Huh?  So, less cars and tracks + XB1 failing?

I was convinced that Forza Motorsport 5 was going to be the only commercially successful exclusive launch title for Xbox One. But this news has convinced me that even it is going to flop.  

I'm a hardcore Forza Motorsport 4 fan, and I was really looking forward to playing this one. Now, I'm not even sure I want it anymore. And if I don't want Forza 5, then I don't want an Xbox One this fall.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

In other words they had to rush the game to meet launch and couldn't have as much content as they wanted on disc.  

Exactly what I was thinking, lol...

By the way, does anyone have any idea how many cars and tracks Drive Club will have when that launches? Just asking since I know some people were comparing Forza 5 and Drive Club, putting them as competitors, so it'd be nice to know in comparison, what to expect from Drive Club too... 

If its a typical arcade racer it will have a lot less cars then Forza 5.  People where complaining that Forza Horizon launched with only 136 cars that might be low for a Forza game but is more then any other arcade racer which on avarage have a lot less cars usually less then 40.

Well that's disappointing, but I'll still get it after price cuts.

You would hope DLC would get the cars and tracks at par with Forza 4. Unlikely that'll happen.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) lauched with 63 cars so if #DriveClub launches with around the same amount that should be more then enough.  That being said since Forza 5 kinda disapointed I'm hoping that Forza Horizon 2 launches with at least 250 cars which is completly doable since I doubt that they will add autovista mode, which is one of the main reasons the Forza 5 list was cut by over half.

it's the new xbox mantra, pay more for less

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:
it's the new xbox mantra, pay more for less

Well Sony did the same think with GT3 versus GT2 I guess it should have been their mantra for years already.  And lets not forget about GT5 Prolouge which was a even bigger ripoff then GT3 or Forza 5.

Scoobes said:
Not entirely surprising considering it's a launch title and they have deadlines to meet, . Not having Nurburgring though?! That's a shocker. For a racing sim that should be one of the first tracks on the list.

Agreed. I'm dissapointed with only 14 tracks. Hoping they release more later, for free even.

jamesmarkus87 said:

Last night, my Metascore prediction for this game was 87. Now, it's 74. The average user score will probably be about 3.7.

Also GT5: Prolouge got a 80 on Metascore despite only having a fraction of content then any main GT so there is pretty much no way that Forza 5 will end up with only a 74 it might not have as many cars or tracks as FM4 but it has tons more content and features then GT5: Prolouge.

they should drop auto vista. you only really check it out once anyway, where are higher car and track count will add more gameplay

the 200 cars isn't too bad imo, but 14 tracks is criminal, and there is no Nordschleife, combine this with the fact the game isn't even on the disk you have to download the content to play.

I think they are rushing what content they have for launch, I would delay till march/April

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

pezus said:

My opinion:

Basically they are choosing graphics over content. And no, this isn't a case of quality over quantity at all since cars and tracks from Forza 4 wouldn't affect the quality of the rest at all, but they would add quantity.

The main reason there are a lot less cars in FM5 compared to FM4 is because every car is included in Autovista mode while FM4 only had 26 cars in Autovista mode when the game launched and two of them wheren't playable in the game the 2554 AMG Transport Dynmics M12 Warthog FAV (Halo Warthog) and the 1931 Bentley 8 Liter.  As for the tracks all the real tracks where laser scaned which takes a lot more time and effort.  Kinda disapointed that a lot of the fantasy tracks didn't make the final cut those should have been a lot easier to upgrade but its not a major loss since some of those where getting old anyway and the only major loss is Fujimi Kaido.  Wasn't a big fan of Maple Valley, Sedona Raceway Park or Camino Viejo as for Rally di Positano FM3 had a better version of the track so I don't really miss it either.