By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse Son Of Rome. Best graphics of all next gen titles from a technical standpoint says IGN.

TheJimbo1234 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Lol you have got to be kidding me, so only people that know in depth knowledge of game engines can post?  Guess what most people don't and most people would not be blown away by that video, there are far more impressive looking games that have been seen on next gen.  

Pahaha, it just means your opinion is wortheless.

Oh, so what games as that game is actually the most impressive as it is way to demanding for the consoles. So yeah...did you even watch it/pay attention/put your glasses on? 

Lol the majority of gamers dont, I cant believe you just insinuated the opinion of most gamers is worthless lmao.  Why dont you ask the developers if they think that.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Hmm, I remember when one of the best looking games last gen, God of War III, got so much criticism for only looking so good because it was linear and had a fixed camera. I wonder what happened to all that? This has the same exact characteristics, except still not as complex and nowhere near as entertaining. Sure, chopping guys up is cool, but it get's boring if that's all you do for the duration of the story, especially when there's allegedly little variation in the enemies you kill and the tools you use to do so.

But, I guess if some guy on IGN says that this is best looking next gen launch title, we can just take it as fact.

The gameplay of God of War wasn't exactly great, it’s just a button masher with an occasional puzzle. It’s the story that made GoW a success. Just look at the sales of GoW: Ascension if you don't believe me. Garbage story and modest sales.

Based on what we've seen, I don't believe Ryse has a fixed camera like God of War.

It’s too early to say which has a better fighting system. We’ve only played GoW of and it’s a button masher.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DialgaMarine said:
Hmm, I remember when one of the best looking games last gen, God of War III, got so much criticism for only looking so good because it was linear and had a fixed camera. I wonder what happened to all that? This has the same exact characteristics, except still not as complex and nowhere near as entertaining. Sure, chopping guys up is cool, but it get's boring if that's all you do for the duration of the story, especially when there's allegedly little variation in the enemies you kill and the tools you use to do so.

But, I guess if some guy on IGN says that this is best looking next gen launch title, we can just take it as fact.

The gameplay of God of War wasn't exactly great, it’s just a button masher with an occasional puzzle. It’s the story that made GoW a success. Just look at the sales of GoW: Ascension if you don't believe me. Garbage story and modest sales.

Based on what we've seen, I don't believe Ryse has a fixed camera like God of War.

It’s too early to say which has a better fighting system. We’ve only played GoW of and it’s a button masher.

Actually, I think it's more a case of franchise fatigue. After God of War 3 we had the 2 HD remakes, the Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta for PSP plus the HD remakes on PS3. Ascension is essentially just another spin off title that didn't really add anything new to the formula (OK there was multiplayer, but I didn't really feel it added anything new).

There are only so many epic battles a player and go through before they stop being epic.

Scoobes said:

Actually, I think it's more a case of franchise fatigue. After God of War 3 we had the 2 HD remakes, the Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta for PSP plus the HD remakes on PS3. Ascension is essentially just another spin off title that didn't really add anything new to the formula (OK there was multiplayer, but I didn't really feel it added anything new).

There are only so many epic battles a player and go through before they stop being epic.

The only way we can know that for sure is if God of War 4 sells poorly. All we know for certain is people are tired of God of War games that tell uninteresting side stories.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DialgaMarine said:

The difference is that in GoW: You can actually perform combo's and various movesets due to the amount of weapons and the whole fantasy combat system.

Ascension also didn't feature the same kind of freedom GoWIII did in terms of combat variety (see gif below), so basing it purely on story is not true (while it mostly however, could be ^^)

Around the Network

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the art style of the game. I guess it technically looks good, but I don't really like it. I also don't like all those bloody limb decapitations.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Lol you have got to be kidding me, so only people that know in depth knowledge of game engines can post?  Guess what most people don't and most people would not be blown away by that video, there are far more impressive looking games that have been seen on next gen.  

Oh, so what games as that game is actually the most impressive as it is way to demanding for the consoles. So yeah...did you even watch it/pay attention/put your glasses on? 

Lol the majority of gamers dont, I cant believe you just insinuated the opinion of most gamers is worthless lmao.  Why dont you ask the developers if they think that.

I did, and I stand by that comment. Your opinion is only worth something when it is informed, not when the masses back it. If we went with sheer numbers, then we would still believe the Earth is flat.

Epic games did state that they didn't care what gamers said as they knew what was best and what they would actually want, and anyway, why would devs go ahead and pointlessly slate their market? Derp, that is a no brainer. 

it does LOOK really good, but the gameplay just doesnt appeal to me in any way - that being said, i do not play any of the god of war titles either because they bore me to death, having played the demo of ryse and watch lots of videos of different parts of the game i can more or less write it off as another bore-fest, so ill be skipping entirely, not even doing a doubletake if it ends up in the bargain bin like pretty much all launch titles eventually do.

TheJimbo1234 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

I did, and I stand by that comment. Your opinion is only worth something when it is informed, not when the masses back it. If we went with sheer numbers, then we would still believe the Earth is flat.

Epic games did state that they didn't care what gamers said as they knew what was best and what they would actually want, and anyway, why would devs go ahead and pointlessly slate their market? Derp, that is a no brainer. 

I'm not even gonna touch on comparing knowing in depth details about game development to knowing the Earth is round...wow.  The point is what you showed was a COMMERCIAL, I can't believe I even have to say this but that obviously wasn't gameplay.  Next gen titles like Witcher 3 and FFXV, which we have seen actual gameplay of, blow that game away even if you compare them to that commercial and especially considering the Witcher 3 is an open world game so that makes it even more impressive.  

in a screenshot rise does look better but watching gameplay killzone looks more crisp and fluid and has better lighting effects.