By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UPDATED - 7th Gen - 'Which System Won The Console War' - Poll Added

Who really won the the 7th Gen Console War?

Nintendo 138 46.46%

Xbox 360 30 10.10%

PS3 92 30.98%

Make Love Not War 17 5.72%

See Poll 17 5.72%

Total:294
Nsanity said:
BrainCramps said:
MegaDrive08 said:
SONY fan trying to claim Sony won lmao, sony didn't win anything, How much money does Nintendo have in the bank again thanks to the generation just passed, 100MIL wii's, best selling games, come on now talk about clutching at straws.

That awkward moment you realise you post before even reading.......He posted an article, that will also have follow-up articles on why wii and 360 won.... But keep up the fight man,

But, isn't that what you are doing?

By pointing out the foolishness of posting without really readin the post?? I guess that's what you think, more power too you.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
bevochan said:
I'm a big PS3 person, but the Wii won. The Wii has SEVEN exclusive games that sold more than 20 million.

So? I'm fairly sure The Last of Us is widely considered to be a better game that Wii Play.

Comment has nothing to do with wat he said. He's talking sales not ratings which SMG+SMG2 won this gen

No, that would be GTAIV.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
LivingMetal said:
Wii Mini is right around the corner. Yep.

Won't make a difference. The Wii fad has been over for a couple of years now. Now imagine a $99 PS3 hitting the stores.

Wii is still selling in US. and even if its a little its still going up in sales. Wii sold almost as much as WiiU/Vita this year

How many units has the Wii sold this year?

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
bevochan said:
I'm a big PS3 person, but the Wii won. The Wii has SEVEN exclusive games that sold more than 20 million.

So? I'm fairly sure The Last of Us is widely considered to be a better game that Wii Play.

Comment has nothing to do with wat he said. He's talking sales not ratings which SMG+SMG2 won this gen

No, that would be GTAIV.

Well than Highest exclusive of last generation! (tied for 2nd place overall). 

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
LivingMetal said:

Won't make a difference. The Wii fad has been over for a couple of years now. Now imagine a $99 PS3 hitting the stores.

Wii is still selling in US. and even if its a little its still going up in sales. Wii sold almost as much as WiiU/Vita this year

1.44mil =Wii (dead system)

1.83mil=Vita

1.61mil=WiiU

Wii will sell at least another million by years end imo

Also since Wii only will sell a decent amount in US might as well post numbers from US only

★US sales of 2013

589k=Wii (dead system)

296k=Vita

563k=WiiU

Around the Network

Wii has been irrelevant when was the last bunch of games released? it's been off radar for year's

PS3 has won the gen and will keep on selling past the Wii total

in fact Wii fans have no choice but to actually buy a new console to play titles that are on ps360!!!!!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

fps_d0minat0r said:
tbone51 said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

I know graphics are not everything but there comes a time where you have to look at the hardware and see what its maximum capability is. afterall thats why they released the wii U right?....which is still way underpowered compared to ps4/xb1

Hardware Specs~ Vita>>3DS

Software Sales ~ 3DS>>>>>>>>Vita

you dont get my point do you?

if vita had 5 amazing 3rd party games which the 3ds couldnt handle, it would be finished. luckily for nintendo no-one is making those games despite vita's superior hardware.

with wii its a different case because its just not possible to put GTAV or BF4 on the wii....unless you want 99% same textures all around with no special effects, shadows and minimal animations....in otherwords not even a proper game. thats why it lost out.

anything the 3ds could do, the vita could do it better, its just that no-one does.

anything the ps360 can do, the wii cant do which is why no-one does.

I bet the Vita cant do stereoscopic 3D better than the 3DS.

Skeeuk said:
Wii has been irrelevant when was the last bunch of games released? it's been off radar for year's

PS3 has won the gen and will keep on selling past the Wii total

in fact Wii fans have no choice but to actually buy a new console to play titles that are on ps360!!!!!

Righhhhhhtttttt? U go ahead and do what your doing :S

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
LivingMetal said:

1.44mil =Wii (dead system)

1.83mil=Vita

1.61mil=WiiU

Wii will sell at least another million by years end imo

Also since Wii only will sell a decent amount in US might as well post numbers from US only

★US sales of 2013

589k=Wii (dead system)

296k=Vita

563k=WiiU

I bet PS1 and PS2 never sold bellow their competitors... so the dead system is dead even tough some still buy it... what was the last major SW released for it?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Wii wins in sales,
in Innovation, look how much they did was ripped off by the competition,
Mii's (Microsoft avatars)
Motion gaming (Move and Kinect)
Netflix (first console to have it)
Virtual Console (might be wrong about this one)
Now when it comes to games....I dont know, it comes down to exclusives, what do you like more....all big 3 have awesome exclusives but in terms of being a success the Wii won.