By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Wii U double its sales in the last 10 weeks?

I doubt it. Kids are asking for tablets now, not gaming systems. The super cheap pricing on tablets is going to kill consoles in the long run.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

they had to make a physical copy of wii sports club, also with a console bundle.
with all the online options, and the best sports from wii sports and resort and new ones.

this kind os experiency will never hit a tablet.

ONE good ad. That's all I want. One good advertisement to build buzz and I think it can be done. The holiday period is usually when things get intense. Nintendo squandered their one year lead but if they can get the word out, they can still surprise.

If the next gen would've been scheduled for next year maybe, but the competition is on fire now, there's no chance for the Wii U to to sell that many this holiday, maybe things will get better in the 1st quarter when PS4 and One will be running out of major selling games.

I would expect Wii U to double its sales totals in the last part of the year. It's really nothing extraordinary, the Christmas season is big for games.

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
If the next gen would've been scheduled for next year maybe, but the competition is on fire now, there's no chance for the Wii U to to sell that many this holiday, maybe things will get better in the 1st quarter when PS4 and One will be running out of major selling games.

The other two nextgen consoles comming to the market. is one of those things i think will be good for Wii-U

For most casual nextgen has not even startet yet.. and when sony and ms start to push hard for next gen to.. many casuals will find them self starting looking for the nextgen consoles.. and what will they see.. ?

The cheapest is also the most "unike" (and many find the tablet/gamepad controller cool, and like the secend screen) on top of that.. the casuals (and for me casuals are gamers who don't are "fan" of one product, but bye what they likes the most combined with price) will see that not only has nintendo already many aaa titles out (ms and sony.. not so much) but also that games like Cod, AC4 and other multiplats.. looks better than last gen.. (and rund two screen and off tv play)

Buttom line I think.. when the console war starts..  Wii-u will look like a very good offer for most of the people playing video games

zorg1000 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Idk if SM3DW is enough by itself, if DK was still coming out then I'd probably say yes, but now idk.  Depends on how hard Nintendo pushes marketing and how big of a hit the game is.

I agree that 3D World is the only true system seller this holiday but it has alot of support titles that could make up for not having Mario Kart like 3DS did. Wii Party, Wii Fit, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Sonic Lost World, Skylanders, Just Dance, Zumba Fitness and some previously released games like NSMBU, Luigi U, Nintendo Land, Lego City, Pikmin, Wind Waker. Thats a solid list of games that appeal to Nintendo fans and kids/families.

Please, don't foget The Wonderful 101, even if it hasn't sold well it is a heck of an action game. 

double their sales yes, but to reach there fiscal goals seems like a stretch... but didn't japan just get their price cut as well... next few weeks will be intersting...

120k weekly for Wii U would be very solid numbers, if Nintendo could keep them up. In addition to even better sales during the holidays i could imagine 6.5. to 7 million sold units.
It all depends on high quality advertising on their new games, especially Mario. People need to see the uniqueness of this game.
If it only did 5 m by the end of 2013 I also wouldn't be surprised.

6.5m at the end of the year sounds more respectable and realistic.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile